Today’s Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies Recipe are soft, mouth-watering cookies just begging for a tall glass of milk! Our Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are where I turn when I’m in need of warm, comforting cookies.
Why I love Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
Our Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies Recipe are a spin off a classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie with the addition of Candied Walnuts!
Candied Walnuts are simple to make at home, I like to make up a batch and use them on salads and in my baking for a festive spin! I like this Candied Walnut recipe.
Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
Growing up I’d prefer Oatmeal Raisin Cookies over chocolate chip cookies all day long!
I didn’t really like chocolate much as a kid, it wasn’t until I got into my teens that I started to like chocolate at all. AND not until my late 20’s did I fall in love with dark chocolate.
Now, I love them all—Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies are definitely a comfort-type food for me.
Ingredients in Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- rolled oats
- sea salt
- baking soda
- candied walnuts
Fit Friday with Nichole
Life has been full blown crazy at my house for the last six weeks. The kids sports are all ramping up in October and our business has it’s busiest month of the year.
We all have chaotic times in our life’s and sometimes it is all we can do to take 30 minutes to clear our mind and move.
October is pretty much the only month where my kids can consistently find me sitting at the computer. I generally move it out of the office and into the kitchen so that I can monitor the coming-and-goings a bit easier but I am still sitting and working for hours on end.
I have come to realize that 1) I am not built to sit for long periods of time and 2) if I go more than three days without getting some sort of workout in I get cranky.
Thankfully, I have a simple gym in my garage and found that 30 minutes can do wonders for my body and my mind.
This quickly became my favorite quick workout to get everything moving. My warm up was dog dependent. If they hadn’t been out much my workout would be taking them for a walk (my morkie is useless when it comes to running) other wise I would go for a shake out run before jumping on my rack.
How to store Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies Recipe also freeze really well so, if you have some extras just toss them in a plastic freezer bag to enjoy later.
When my kids where little I would make cookies and we’d enjoy some when they baked but keep some to freeze for school lunches or after school treats.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup candied walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, oats, sea salt, cinnamon, and baking soda; set aside.
- In separate large mixing bowl cream butter for 2 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Add sugars and mix on medium high for 3 minutes until light and fluffy; scraping once.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix for 2 minutes- scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix on low until 80% incorporated.
- Add raisins and candied walnuts; gently stir in by hand until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, place dough balls onto prepared sheet.
- Cook 11-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, cool one minute on pan and remove to cooling rack.
- Enjoy Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
More Cookie Recipes
- Chiperoo Cookies
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Wild Blueberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Craisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini M&M Cookies
- Cinnamon Green Apple Oat Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Milk Chocolate
Oatmeal, Raisin, Candied Walnut Cookies will be loved by the whole family!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,