Candied Walnuts are so simple to make at home and taste amazing! You’ll love having them on hand to grab for a tasty treat or add them to all kinds of recipes.
I’ve got a thing lately for Candied Walnuts they’re such a great way to top off salads, desserts, and so much more! I love how versatile they are. Oh and don’t forget they’re delicious by the hand full too! I have to hide them to keep them around for very long 🙂
I like to rough chop them a little bit so they’re easier to enjoy and eat when I use them as a garnish. I love the sweet flavor pop plus, the added texture and crunch finishes off so many recipes beautifully! Experiment with them, have fun, and see what your favorite uses are 🙂
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces about 2 cups walnuts halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Whisk until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy.
- Add the walnuts and gently toss to coat.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss.
- Evenly spread the walnuts on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on the baking sheet.
- Topping will harden as it cools.
- Rough chop candied walnuts for serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
These Candied Walnuts will be popping up here and there in a few upcoming recipes~ make a batch and keep up with the fun!
Happiest of Tuesdays!
Much Love and Peace~