I shared this recipe over at House of Smith‘s last month and it’s SO yummy! I wanted to share it with all of you too 🙂
I just love Shelley- she’s one of my favorite blogging friends. As I’m sure you all know… she’s so AWESOME and inspires me everyday!
Shelley and I got to hang out a bit at a Blogger Event a couple weeks ago… we got to chatting about life and my weight loss journey and cooking.
About 14 years ago I weighed 235 pounds- I’ve written about my weight loss journey if you’d like to read My Weight Loss Story click link.
I’ve always loved food but it was NOT loving me back… so, I made some changes in my cooking techniques to “skinny” down recipes while keeping all the flavor and that is my passion for writing my blog. I hope to help others find the same techniques helpful in their journey to balanced eating.
I know you’ll just love these Apple Craisin Walnut Cookies…
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 C large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp cinnamon, depending on how much like
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/2 C honey, spray the measuring cup with cooking spray first
- 1/4 C applesauce
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Yummy ingredients:
- 1/2 C gala apple, diced
- 1/2 C Craisins
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 C walnuts, optional
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In medium bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet into the dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Add apple, craisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts, stir.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees (lower temp due to honey which will burn more easily).
- Drop by Tbsp onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press down with fork to ensure even cooking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Refrigerate dough between batches.
- Cookies freeze well.
Apple Craisin Walnut Cookies are a deliciously yummy cookie that’s healthy too!
They freeze really well for up to 2 months… I have some in the freezer right now. They’re perfect for when I need to satisfy my sweet tooth- in a healthier way!
Happy Friday and Happy Cooking!