We are in the kitchen with Jen from Bakerette today and she has cooked up a savory Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin to share with us!
It looks amazing, especially yummy this time of year as the weather’s getting colder and winter is almost here. I won’t keep you waiting any longer…
Hello What’s Cooking With Ruthie fans! I’m Jen from Bakerette.com and I’m excited to be back to share with you another family favorite recipe: Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin.
Flavorful ingredients, hearty sirloin, and a thick, rich sauce makes this a five-star chili that’s sure to win you over. You can make this with either beef broth or a dark beer. I actually use O’Doul’s, which is a non-alcoholic brew. If you use beer, the alcohol is cooked out while simmering and adds an amazing flavor!
It’s the perfect dish for this time of year when the leaves are falling and the air is turning chill. Serve it with cornbread for a complete meal.
- 2 pounds sirloin, cubed (you can also use 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or 1, 12 ounce bottle of dark beer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 28 ounce can chili beans
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil on medium high heat. Add sirloin and simmer until cooked through (about 4 minutes on each side). Add chopped onion and garlic and saute with meat until onions are transparent. Transfer to a 4-quart Crock Pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
If you use beer, the alcohol is cooked out while simmering and adds a great flavor.
Recipe inspired by Marty Hugo at Food.com
Thank you, Ruthie, for allowing me to share in your space this month! I hope you enjoy this thick and chunky chili with sirloin.
If you like this recipe, you will also love these other recipes on my blog at Bakerette.com. Just click on the photos for the recipes.
I just love Jen! She and I get to see each other and hang out once in a while at local blogger events… AND let me tell you they just don’t get any sweeter 🙂
Make sure to jump on over to visit her and keep up with all the fun over at Bakerette.
Have a wonderful Thursday… I’m going to be studying like crazy today for Baking and Pastry mid-terms tomorrow!
xoxo~ Jen and Ruthie