Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin Recipe is packed with flavorful ingredients, hearty sirloin, and a thick, rich sauce makes this a five-star chili that’s sure to win you over! You can make our sirloin chili recipe with either beef broth or a dark beer. I actually use O’Doul’s, which is a non-alcoholic brew. If you use beer, the alcohol is cooked out while simmering and adds an amazing flavor! We love that our thick and chunky chili made in right the slow cooker. Slow cooker chili it’s easy so be sure to make some this week! 🙂
Stay warm with our Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin Recipe
It’s the perfect dish for this time of year when the leaves are falling and the air is turning chill. Serve it with our Jalapeno Honey Cornbread for a complete meal. I think we all agree that a piping hot bowl of homemade chili is the best way to stay warm and cozy during the cold of the winter months! Omg. I love it so much! This recipe is a long time reader favorite so be sure to be sure to give it a try 🙂
We love soup during the cooler months of the year be sure to enjoy these recipes too!
- Italian Tortellini Soup
- Apple Rutabaga Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup (copycat)
- Japanese Miso Soup
- Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema
- Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscana Soup (copycat)
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Chinese Wonton Soup
- Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup (copycat)
- Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Greek Fasolatha Soup
- French Onion Soup with Baguette
- Mushroom Soup with Brie Crostini
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- 2 pounds sirloin, cubed (you can also use 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or 1, 12 ounce bottle of dark beer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 28 ounce can chili beans
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil on medium high heat. Add sirloin and simmer until cooked through (about 4 minutes on each side). Add chopped onion and garlic and saute with meat until onions are transparent. Transfer to a 4-quart Crock Pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
If you use beer, the alcohol is cooked out while simmering and adds a great flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 2323mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 9gSugar: 14gProtein: 51g
Recipe inspired by Marty Hugo at Food.com
Hello What’s Cooking With Ruthie fans! I’m Jen from Bakerette.com and I’m excited to be back to share with you another family favorite recipe: Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin.Thank you, Ruthie, for allowing me to share in your space this month! I hope you enjoy this thick and chunky chili with sirloin. I’d love to see you around! Facebook!
In the kitchen with Jen today and we are loving her savory Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene