Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is a fun way to serve up breakfast or brunch in just a few simple steps and a couple minutes in the oven… if you love mushrooms then you’ll adore this recipe!
Today is Fit Friday around here!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us. I love having her visit and inspire our fitness! A Healthy Recipe, Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata from me + a couple of awesome Treadmill Workouts from Nichole = a healthy, happy, and balanced life!
Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is baked right in the portabella mushroom caps with some added swiss cheese, peppers, and red onion! It’s so filling and delicious that you’ve just gotta make some this weekend!
Miss Nichole’s Treadmill Workouts. . .
Summer schedules are crazy, at least at my house they are, which means I have to fit in runs and workouts whenever and where ever I can. In the heat of day with four kids at home I can’t necessarily head out for my run, those are the days when I am grateful for a treadmill. If I can get baby down for a nap and the other three busy with something I can sneak in a run in the basement, my seventy degree basement. I love having a workout plan for the treadmill, especially when I am really wishing for the open road, which means I am doing speed for hill work. Today we are doing both, or at least getting the option for both.
Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is a fresh take on eggs for your weekend breakfast or brunch!
Have an awesome Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 6 eggs or 3 whole eggs and 6 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut whole- lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices to form rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut whole- lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices to form rings
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove stems and gills on each portabella mushroom- being careful to not damage edge
- (the gills are easily scraped and removed with a grapefruit spoon)
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet bottom side up.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Place 2 tablespoon shredded cheese in the bottom of each mushroom cap.
- Arrange a green pepper slice, red pepper slice, and 1 tablespoon of red onion in each mushroom cap.
- Pour egg mixture into mushroom caps and fill to 3/4 the way full.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired
- Bake in oven 15-18 minutes or until eggs a cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!