Thanksgiving always leaves me with extra dark meat that most of my family doesn’t eat just straight out…. therefore this has become a leftover Thanksgiving Turkey meal that we all enjoy! I can’t remember who gave this recipe to me… I know I got it from someone from when I lived in Texas about 14 years ago. It’s SO good though, the crust is simple and doesn’t make a mess at all! AND a bonus… it only takes 25 minutes to bake 🙂
|Leftover Turkey Pot Pie|
|Chop veggies, cover with water, simmer until soft|
|Combine diced turkey, cheese,|
|Cream of chicken, and sour cream|
|Add peas, salt, and pepper|
|Drain veggies, add turkey mixture, stir|
|Spoon into a 10×13 casserole dish|
AND now for the easy crust!
|Combine flour and salt thoroughly|
|Drizzle and mix thoroughly|
|Add water a tablespoon at a time|
|Gather into a ball on a sheet of wax paper|
|Lay another sheet of wax paper on top|
|Roll out into to a rectangle-ish shape|
|Remove top wax paper|
|Turn over crust onto pot pie and trim off excess|
|Cut slits into top|
|Bake 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes|
I always look forward to Thanksgiving dinner but I look forward to the leftovers just as much! Since my husband baked two 20 pound turkeys this year (one in the dutch oven and one in the Big Green Egg!!) I have lots of leftovers to use up… which is just fine! You’ll just be getting a couple more recipes to try 🙂
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie...
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 C frozen peas
- 1 1/2 C light sour cream
- 1 can, 10 1/2oz 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 C chopped, dark turkey meat
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- In a stock pot over medium high heat combine the first 3 ingredients.
- Cover with water.
- Cook until tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- When veggies are soft, combine with meat mixture, pour into a 10x13 casserole dish.
- Mix salt and flour thoroughly.
- Slowly drizzle oil, mixing with a pastry cutter until thoroughly blended.
- Add a Tbsp of cold water at a time, mix.
- Gather into a ball. Roll the dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Attempt a rectangle shape. Do not double the recipe.
- Remove top wax paper and transfer onto the filing by flipping over, remove second wax paper. Trim off the extra crust with a knife. Cut slits.
- Bake 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Turkey Avocado Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Easy Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- Leftover Turkey & Rigatoni with Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Cilantro Turkey Lavash Wrap with Pico de Gallo Mayo
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta