Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe is a delicious twist on the classic shephard’s pie using jiffy cornbread plus I love one-dish dinners! Less mess means more time to enjoy with the family! If you love cornbread, sharp cheddar cheese, with three kinds of meat then this is the dish for you. It’s all the comfort foods wrapped up in one happy skillet. 🙂
Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe
Mexican Cornbread Pie has a lil’ bit of kick to it but don’t be afraid of the jalapeños… the corn bread calms them right down and it’s just plain delicious! Our family loves this recipe, we first enjoyed it at my best friend Carol’s house one night when she invited us to dinner. If it takes a village to raise a child. . . Carol and I have been a part of each others village for 15 years now! I’m so grateful for good friends like her!!
Here a few fabulous side dish recipes to go with today’s Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe:
• Cilantro Ranch Dressing with your favorite mixed salad
- 2 (8.5 oz) Jiffy corn muffin mix boxes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño peppers, without the seeds
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1/4 pound crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1/2 pound turkey/pork sausage, cooked, drained
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- sour cream and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat with cooking spray a 9” skillet pan.
- Brown hamburger and sausage on medium high and drain.
- Sauté onions in meat, add peppers and bacon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine jiffy muffin mix, eggs, milk, creamed corn, and garlic and chili powder.
- Stir to combine; do not over mix.
- Pour half of batter into prepared skillet.
- Spread meat mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread remaining batter over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and chives
- Enjoy your Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe!
A few more quick and easy dinner recipes:
We hope you try our Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe it’ll bring smiles to the whole family!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene