Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl with Papaya Slaw is a tasty low-carb dinner that tastes heavenly!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us. I love having her visit and inspire our fitness! A Healthy Recipe, Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl with Papaya Slaw from me + Fit Tips Air Pollution from Nichole = a healthy, happy, and balanced life!
The Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl with Papaya Slaw reminded my daughter of one of her favorite foods.. lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang’s China Bistro. If you love lettuce wraps, you are bound to love these!
I shared this Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl with Papaya Slaw with her last week and she couldn’t get over the amazing flavors in the pork loin and the papaya slaw! She found it to be the perfect combination and I hope that you do too!
Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl with Papaya Slaw uses a recipe I shared not too long ago… Papaya Pineapple Slaw It’s the perfect way to top off this Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl! It is quite tasty with fresh papaya, pineapple, red onion, green peppers, cilantro, and finely shredded green cabbage!
Fit Friday is all about breathing and air today. If you don’t live in the Westerner states you may not be struggling with some of this crazy air that we are, instead you may be dealing with crazy wind and lots of rain. I guess we all have our problems right now. Where I live we are dealing with hazy skies and shallow breathing. The smoke from fires has ruined my crisp air and pretty mountain views. But along with the loss of my views I have also found myself studying the air quality reports and debating heading out for runs.
Today’s fit tips come from a few different clinics and pulmonary specialists as a reminder that there are days the treadmill isn’t so bad.
Health problems caused by air pollution:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose and throat
- Damage to airways of the lungs
- Increased risk of asthma development
- Worsening of existing asthma or other lung conditions
- Increased risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Increased risk of death from lung cancer and cardiovascular disease
Pork Loin Cabbage Bowl with Papaya Slaw is a healthy meal for any day full of the perfect combination of fresh flavors!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 2 pound pork tenderloin, fat and silverskin removed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- 12 cabbage leaves in shape of bowls
- 2 cups papaya pineapple coleslaw
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pork loin on the center of baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine spices; stir to combine.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides of pork loin and bake for 23-30 minutes or until reaches 145 degrees F in the center.
- Let sit 5 minutes, slice into 1/2 inch thick slices, serve 3 slices pork loin in 2 cabbage bowls, top with coleslaw, and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 830mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 7gSugar: 14gProtein: 44g
- Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Thai Chicken Flatbread w/ Cilantro Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Papaya Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe