Happy Fit Friday!!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays! This week Nichole has Holiday Fitness Tips for us ~ A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from her keep us healthy and happy all winter long.
Nichole’s Fitness Tips…
As the holidays creep closer and closer (they always seems to creep and sneak up on me) there are a couple reminders that need to get out there in order to stay on top of your health and fitness over the next few weeks.
1) I am always a fan of morning workouts and have discussed the many reasons why in the past. During these next few busy weeks I want to reiterate how much easier it is to get up and get it done versus trying to find time later.
2) Pay attention to what you eat. I am definitely not saying to be perfect over the next few weeks, where is the fun in that. But I am saying balance it all out, if you are going to be enjoying some goodies at the neighborhood Christmas party make sure to get in a solid breakfast and lunch full of the yummy stuff your body needs (not wants!).
One of the best ways I have found to start my day and help it stay on track is to have a green smoothie in the morning. It helps with cravings and keeps me on track. If I don’t have time to make one from scratch I will use Purium’s mix.
3) Sleep! You can’t spend the next six weeks being sleep deprived.
4) Find balance in it all. Don’t miss out on the holiday fun, but enjoy it while keeping the rest of your life in semblance.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Banana Nut Apple Sliders one of my all time favorite hold-me-over, delicious, and nutritious healthy snack anytime of day!
I adore all kinds of nut butters- I’m betting most all of us grew up on PB&J’s and honestly I’m still quite in love with them. Now, I find my grown-up self grabbing for the jar of almond, sunflower, and chocolate nut butters! (along with a healthy does of peanut butter too)
I’ll be honest though… I don’t always dress up my apples with nut butter the way I make them all pretty for you guys! Most of the time it’s a spoonful of almond butter in one hand and an apple in the other. Just saying 🙂
Banana Nut Apple Sliders will help hold you over until your next meal- they’re the perfect snack anytime of day.
- 2 honeycrisp or fuji apples
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond or peanut butter
- 1 banana sliced into rounds
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Carefully slice apples cross wise using a serrated knife.
- Remove the center of each slice using a melon baller.
- Evenly spread one tablespoon of chocolate almond butter on each slider.
- Top with 5 banana slices and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
Banana Nut Apple Sliders will quickly become a favorite of your families too! Oh how I love these little things.
Happy Fit Friday!!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Mediterranean Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Shrimp and Petite Peppers Salad Recipe