Cherry Vanilla Bean Turnovers are packed with cherry-liciousness plus they have a little secret too! YUMmmmm.
Cherry Vanilla Bean Turnovers are an amazing cherry explosion- all wrapped up in lovely, flaky pastry shell. AND the surprise inside? Well, I hate to ruin surprises, but there just happens to be a dollop of cream cheese in center of each turnover too. They’ll completely leave you speechless.
I know, they sound just as amazing as they are 🙂
It’s that beautiful combination of textures and flavors that’ll leave you and your family begging for more!
February is National Cherry Month? Neither did I until Wayfair reached out to me with their Cherry Sweet campaign and I was like- hey! I love cherries and I know y’all will love my cherry inspired creation so I jumped at the chance to be apart. I’m excited to be apart of their Cherry Sweet event.
I love that I can find all my household needs in one easy to order place… Wayfair has everything you could ever want for your home. I love that they deliver right to my door. All my orders have been delivered in beautiful condition with every care taken in the packing. I give them 5 stars all around!
- 2 cups sweet frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup water+ 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry dough (2 sheets)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg white+1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips for drizzle garnish
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Set puff pastry sheets out to begin defrosting, according to package directions.
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium low combine cherries, sugar, water, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Split vanilla bean length-wise and scrape seeds from pod, place pod and seeds into sauce pan.
- Cook 2 minutes then remove cherries to thicken sauce.
- In small bowl combine water and cornstarch, turn heat to medium high, bring juice to gentle simmer.
- Whisking constantly add cornstarch 1/3 at a time- until reaches desired thickness. It should coat the back of a spoon.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 1-2 minutes until the cloudy appearance clears from the starch.
- Remove from heat, remove vanilla bean pods, return cherries to pan, gently stir to coat.
- Prepare egg white wash in a small bowl by whisking with water until frothy.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 squares, working with one square at a time, run a 1/4 inch line of egg white wash around the perimeter of dough.
- Place 2 teaspoons cream cheese in center of each square on the vertical, top with 2 tablespoons cherries mixture.
- Bring the top point of the pastry over the filling and press into the bottom point.
- Using the tongs of a fork, gently press the edges together being careful to keep filling inside.
- Adjust filling amounts as necessary to keep from being over filled.
- Set on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush egg white wash over turnovers, cut three venting lines at the top of each turnover, and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool, melt white chocolate, drizzle on turnovers to garnish.
Cherry Vanilla Bean Turnovers will be your new favorite cherry treat- they’re perfect for brunch or paired with a scoop of ice cream they’ll make a delightful dessert too!
Much Love and Peace~