Cherry Vanilla Bean Topping is a delicious topping for everything from ice cream to pancakes!
Cherry Vanilla Bean Topping has an amazing fresh cherry taste and a decadent way to top off all kinds of foods. It’s great on waffles, crepes, or pancakes for breakfast. Or take plain vanilla or chocolate ice cream up a notch by adding some to it for dessert!
- 2 cups sweet frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup water+ 2 tablespoons corn starch
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium low combine cherries, sugar, water, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Split vanilla bean length-wise and scrape seeds from pod, place pod and seeds into sauce pan.
- Cook 2 minutes then remove cherries to thicken sauce.
- In small bowl combine water and cornstarch, turn heat to medium high, bring juice to gentle simmer.
- Whisking constantly add cornstarch 1/3 at a time- until reaches desired thickness. It should coat the back of a spoon.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 1-2 minutes until the cloudy appearance clears from the starch.
- Remove from heat, remove vanilla bean pods, return cherries to pan, gently stir to coat.
- Serve over everything from vanilla ice cream, yogurt, pancakes, and waffles.
I love to use vanilla beans in recipes, they add a deeper vanilla flavor than vanilla extract and make desserts and toppings that much better! If you’re not familiar with how to use them then make sure to watch my video
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! We had lovely spring weather and I loved every minute of it. Jack and Lila and I have been out of the trails around our house again, now that the snow has pretty much melted at our little cabin 🙂
Much Love and Peace~