Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf is going to make your autumn baking even more AHhmazing!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here for Fit Friday! YAY. We love partnering with her to bring you healthy food + fitness tips! 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf is made with our sourdough starter (which we love so much!) and no worries if you don’t have a start, you easily replace it with sour cream! This luscious loaf will be a hit with your family and friends this fall!
Oh my. It’s just amazing!! 🙂
This recipe alone is completely worth getting your sourdough start going. . . King Arthur Flour has great tips!
If you’re like me- I used to only be familiar with sourdough bread loaves which are very good but have a strong, sharp flavor to it. These recipes using sourdough start that I have been sharing with you are much milder. The sourdough starter just adds a little bit of ‘tang’ to it and let me tell you it’s a tang you want to experience! Seriously.
It’s a whole new flavor accent that I completely adore!
Miss Nichole’s Track Workout. . .
School is in session and today is the last day of August, the heat is fading and my running shoes are antsy to be outside enjoying it all. Not sure if the antsy comes from the heat fading or the desire to spend as much time outdoors as possible before the cold hits, doesn’t really matter you will find me outside.
With that being said we are heading to the track for today’s fun workout. Grab a couple of friends, the kids can bring their scooters, and head to your local track (high school).
If you complete the workout four times you will have completed a mile. If that is a little daunting just take it a lap at a time. This is a great workout even with limited time, go and do what you can. Just do it hard and make every movement count.
Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf is delicious times a million!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start or sour cream
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed (approx 1 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup red apples, peeled and small diced
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream coconut oil.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and mashed banana; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sea salt, cinnamon, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add sweetened coconut flakes and diced apples; gently mix with
to combine. spatula
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top of dough with coconut flakes.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect
. ( I needed to do this) over browning
- Cool on
rackfor 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Slice and serve.