It’s Friday!! AND that means it’s Fit Friday around here…
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us on Fridays! A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from Nichole keep us healthy and happy all week long.
Today’s Friday Fit tips do not include a workout, instead I wanted to talk to you about setting goals. Why? Well, I am glad you asked. I meet with all sorts of clients who come in with all different goals, 95% of the time I can tell if this client is going to succeed or not based upon their goals. If I feel that failure is a high likelihood I ask a few questions to help redirect and get on a better track.
Attainable. Realistic. Time-Based. “I wanna lose weight.” “I wanna get skinny.” “I want to feel better.” These are common goals that I hear everyday, they are not S.M.A.R.T. goals. “I want to lose 10 pounds by my birthday in 3 months.” That is a great S.M.A.R.T. goal.
Let’s break it down:
Specific: pick a goal that not generalized. “I want to feel better,” is way too broad and leaves a lot of questions in the air.
Measurable: give yourself a number or some way to know that you have reached your goal. “I wanna lose weight,” does not work with this one.
Action: what are you going to do in order to achieve your goal? Make a plan!
Realistic: pick something that you can accomplish. Not, “I want to lose 20 pounds by my daughter’s wedding in 10 days.” That is ridiculous and not going to happen.
Time-Based: having a deadline helps you stay on track and focused. One of the reasons I love signing up for races to set my goals around, the deadline is set and I can’t change it.
Set yourself up for success and see a healthier-fitter you!
Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies are packed with all kinds of good-for-you ingredients like oats, sunflower, almond, and pumpkin seeds plus apricots, and cranberries to give them a delightful flavor pop!
I don’t know about you but some mornings are just crazy daisy around our house especially on those days when we are running late and a sit down breakfast is just not in the cards! That’s why I love to have these Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies in the fridge or freezer to quickly grab on the way out the door!
They’re filling, delicious, and don’t let their shape fool you… they’re everything you want in breakfast even though they’re shaped like a cookie! Mmmmmm hmmm.
Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sunflower or almond butter
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots snipped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugars for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl with each addition.
- Mix 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add sunflower or peanut butter; mix well.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- Add oats, baking soda, milled flax; mix until 80% combined.
- Add apricots, cranberries, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds; stir in by hand using wooden spoon.
- Drop using a medium sized scoop (approx 1/4 cup) onto prepared pan.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until edges are golden browned.
- (the center still be a little puffy.)
- Let cool 1 minute on pan and remove to cooling rack.
Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies will be your favorite way to get a healthy, quick breakfast or pick me up snack anytime of day!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie