Our Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe is all the best of autumn in a cookie! We think that autumn and pumpkin baking is one of the best seasons of the year. Today’s pumpkin spice whoopie pies have been extremely popular for many years! They’re simple to make because it starts off from a spice cake mix then add some canned pumpkin, eggs, butter, and milk. There’s only one thing left to do– whip up batch of our Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling which brings them delightfully together! Our Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe will always be a favorite in our kitchens. . . yours too! 🙂
Love of Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe!
Autumn is here in our neck of the woods and everywhere the leaves are beginning to turn as the nights get colder. I look forward to autumn for homemade soups, breads, and pumpkin baking! OMG. Yay… it’s the season!! If you are like us then the colder months bring us together as we spend more time cooking at home for our loved ones! A little sweet pumpkin treat will brighten your kitchen and bring smiles to your family this year!
We love you and are so grateful you keep up with us here with us at Cooking with Ruthie. Happy Autumn! 🙂
Ingredients in our Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies:
- canned pumpkin
- butter, softened
- a box spice cake mix
- Nutella or Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling:
- package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- butter, softened
- powdered sugar
Enjoy our Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe and some of these too!
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Halloween Cookie Pizza
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf
- Halloween Ice-Scream Bar with Cookie Cups Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Leftover Halloween Candy Pizza
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe plus food photography tips!
- I realized that taking pictures of food didn’t have to be all “professional” and expensive.
- I began to figure out what I needed to do to get the look I was after in my photo’s. I went to our local thrift store and bought all the shapes and sizes of white or white with small prints on them- dishes that I thought would be fun in pictures. It cost a fraction of retail prices. I had a whole new variety of dish ware to choose from!
- Next, I started collecting pieces of material called “Fat Quarters” in different prints. Fat quarters are the perfect size, shape, and they’re relatively cheap to use for back drops in food photography. The polka dot piece of fabric in these photo’s is a fat quarter. I bought the towel at the dollar store. I like to find towels with texture and patterns. The orange ribbon came on a gift sometime and I snagged to put in my prop stash. I also added some leaves off the trees from the yard in the background.
- I use natural lighting. . . I have a nice big window in my front room. I have to shift the time of day I photo according to the seasons and the time of day. When I change houses I always be sure I have a big bright window for photos.
- I’ve never gone with expense lighting and fancy electronics. Natural Light gives that warm, bright looking type of pictures that I prefer. I use white and black craft boards to bounce back light from the back, front, and sides as needed.
- Over time the style of my food photography has changed along with my props and dishes. Now, I seem to prefer natural elements like different weathered wooden pieces for the base in photos. A couple of them I even found on the side of the road or things that were posted for free in my neighborhood. Cutting boards and wood flooring samples are great too.
- AND I still stand on a chair!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
We hope you love our Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene