Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats Recipe will be your favorite autumn breakfast! I sure love overnight oats, which are also traditionally called Swiss oats. The idea of them is a healthy oat, fruit, and nut combination for breakfast or a snack. We’re spicing it up today by adding carrots, pumpkin, and dark chocolate chunks. Yep. I know! It’s completely fabulous and you’ll love how simple it is to make– just mix and toss it in the fridge overnight, then wha-la! It’s perfect in the morning. 🙂
It’s Friday and around here that means… Fit Friday! We love having Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness drop by on Friday’s to share her awesome fitness trainer tips and ideas with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Ingredients for Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats Recipe
• Oats- I prefer to use whole grain oats because they hold up better that quick oats for baking. Did you know, that oats in any form help to lower bad cholesterol, are rich in antioxidants, and are a great source of fiber? Yay!
• Fuji Apple and Carrots- I prefer to use fuji apples because I like the sour tang and crisp texture. Apples and Carrots are filled with all kinds of good health benefits, too.
• Liquids- milk kefir is a natural source of probiotics, vanilla greek yogurt is a great source of protein, and pumpkin puree adds color and flavor!
• Mix in’s- dark chocolate chunks, golden raisins, pumpkin seeds and almonds add flavor and texture plus oodles of healthy nutritional benefits.
• Spices- pumpkin spice seasoning, vanilla, and a sprinkle of sea salt because they bring it all together in just the right way!
How to make Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats Recipe
- In a large bowl with a lid; finely shred carrots and apple.
- Add milk and yogurt; gently stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until incorporated.
- Rest overnight oats in the fridge for a minimum 2-3 hour or sit overnight.
- Adjust moisture with additional milk if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with additional fruit.
We hope you’ll also enjoy these other pumpkin recipes:
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pancakes w/ Carmel Cinnamon Syrup
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich
- Pumpkin Pie Galette
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
After months of doing whatever my body felt like, and eating whatever even kind of sounded good, I have gotten out of a lot of my healthy habits. Over the last few months, vegetables have gone to the wayside and water intake has dropped dramatically. Thankfully, I have kept up the best I could with working out and running, but those are not what they once were either. Now that I have gotten through chemo, it is time to get back into healthy habits. For this week’s Fit Friday, we are talking about tips to making lasting changes.
All of the changes I am wanting to make are taking me back to habits I have had in the past. I am not talking about big daunting changes. If you have big changes you need to make, break them down into smaller ones, that way you won’t be quite so overwhelmed.
One of the tips that I have found and really appreciated is number two; identify your motivation. Your motivation needs to come within and be something that will actually give you some drive. Generally speaking, wanting to change because someone else told you that you needed to is not going to work as a lasting motivation.
It is never easy to change habits or get into long term healthy habits. Remember to just take it a day at a time and enjoy the journey.
[mv_create key=”5″ title=”Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats” type=”recipe”]
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats Recipe is my favorite go-to breakfast or snack!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene