Happy Fit Friday!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us! I love having her visit and inspire our fitness!!
This week Nichole’s Goal Setting Tips! A Healthy Recipe: Mango Coconut Chia Overnight Oats from me + Fitness Planning Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Mango Coconut Chia Overnight Oats are one of my favorite healthy breakfasts! I even love it for a snack during the day too.
Mango Coconut Chia Overnight Oats are SOoooo simple to make! Really. Just mix a hand full of fabulously-healthy ingredients together and then throw in the fridge. Let it sit there for at least a couple of hours but preferably overnight. . . and when you wake up in the morning it’s all ready to go! Magical. 🙂
Mango Coconut Chia Overnight Oats are packed with all kinds of super good-for-you ingredients like whole grain oats (to lower cholesterol), fat free coconut greek yogurt, low-fat milk or coconut milk (whichever you prefer), golden raisins, dried mango and shredded coconut too!
Let’s talk a little bit about Chia Seeds~ despite their tiny size they’re one of the most nutricious foods on the planet. They’re packed with fiber, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals too!
Nichole’s Fitness Planning Tips:
One of the key components to being healthy and fitness is prep. This is key guys….you can’t accidentally lead a healthy life, be nutrition wise, and fit in all of your workouts. Life just doesn’t work that way, at least not for me or any one else I know.
Give our Mango Coconut Chia Overnight Oats a try and they’re sure to be a favorite at your house too!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 1 fuji apple, shredded
- 1 bartlett pear, shredded
- 3 cups low-fat milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup fat free coconut greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried mango slices, snipped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2-3 tablespoons agave, adjust according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- additional fruit and nuts to garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl with a lid; shred pear and apple.
- Add milk and yogurt; gently stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until incorporated.
- Cover with airtight lid and rest mixture in fridge overnight.
- Before serving adjust moisture with additional milk if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with additional fruit.
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe
- French Pâte à Crêpes Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts
- Cadbury Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Peach Turnovers with Sweet Peach Glaze
- Food Styling with Ikea