Sweetness… it’s Fit Friday!!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays!
This week Nichole has inspiring Spring Time Workout tips for us to enjoy. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Spring Workout Tips…
10 burpees at the end of each curve
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Coconut Lemon Overnight Oats is a bright and refreshing breakfast that soaks overnight so it’s right ready to go when you wake up in the morning!
I really love overnight oats or otherwise sometimes known as Swiss Muesli! It’s just so fabulous to wake up to and so simple to make the night before. Truth be told, they don’t even need to soak for 10-12 hours, if all you have is is couple of hours then it’ll be just fine.
I have a couple of other similar recipes… Swiss Muesli and Apple Orange Cranberry Swiss Muesli both of them are delicious! You can tell that whatever fruit and nuts you have can make the perfect overnight oats recipe combination!
- 1 opal apple, shredded
- 1 anjou pear, shredded
- 2 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup fat free vanilla bean greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried berry mixed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp agave, adjust according to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- additional fruit and nuts to garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl with a lid; shred pear and apple.
- Add milk and yogurt; gently stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until incorporated.
- Rest oat mixture in fridge for at least 1-2 hour or allow sit over night.
- Adjust moisture with additional milk if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with additional fruit.
Coconut Lemon Overnight Oats are packed with healthy ingredients to help you jump start your day!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie