Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix or Strawberry Cake Mix, photo used strawberry
- 1 1/3 C Guava juice
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz neufatchel cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 C Sugar 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 12oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 C Guava juice
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1/4 C Cornstarch
- Bake cake according to package directions, substituting guava juice for water.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat in.
- Slowly fold in the Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the 2 cups guava juice and sugar to a boil.
- Make a paste out of the cornstarch and a small amount of water.
- Remove guava juice from heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Return to heat and bring back to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- To assemble cooled cake:
- Thickly ice the cake with all of the cream cheese mixture.
- Glaze the top of the cake with guava gel.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
* adapted from Polynesian Kitchen
How fun is this Guava Cake for Valentines Day? All pink and everything… isn’t it just perfect! Enjoy 🙂
cake mix, cool whip, guava juice, neufatchel cream cheese
May 8, 2019
What a great looking cake!
I’m super curious about the taste as I’ve never eaten Guava cake
Grew up in Hawaii and I absolutely love guava!! Can’t wait to try this recipe out. Thank you! 🙂
You’ll absolutely LOVE this cake… hmmm, mmm. Fabulous! Thanks for the fun comment and for stopping by- come back again soon! xoxo~ Ruthie
Yummy! I have never had guava before, but it looks delish!
You’ll be so thrilled with this cake… fabulous! Thanks for the fun comment and stop by again soon! xoxo~ Ruthie
What a fun cake! I’m hosting a Cream Cheese themed link party this week for Iron Chef Mom and I’d love it if you linked up this recipe! https://growingupgabel.com/iron-chef-mom-cream-cheese-battle/
Hi Camille… I will be right over 🙂 Come share at my party on Saturday’s too!! xoxo~ Ruthie
Is it ok to use guava nectar, e.g. Goya brand?
Yes… that’s great! You’ll love it 🙂
Aloha Nunies says
Question just folliw recipe on strawberry cake mixes
Instant adding water add guave juices. Bake 33 min
I. Start baking cake it didn’t turn out right. Please
tell me what Im doing wrong. Thank u
Hello… possibly you may need to follow high elevation or low elevation baking techniques depending on where you live. The steps are easy to find on line if you are at a lower elevation. I hope that helps- this recipe has always been a good one! Here are the tips for high elevation:
If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
Check if it is done a little early.
This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.