Coconut Banana Bread is going to be a new favorite with your family! Delish!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is at it again! A big WOOP for Fit Friday!
Gram’s Banana Bread
So… if you’ve been with us for a while… you probably know that this banana bread is Gram’s. Gram rocked her cooking show in the 60’s and our blog is in honor of her. I’m (Madeliene) even named after her! My middle name is Louise. She died of breast cancer when I was 2 years old. Her legacy lives on through her family members, her recipes, and cooking!! We love you, Gram!
More Recipes like Coconut Banana Bread:
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Banana Bread Pancakes
- Triple Berry Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Brownies
Oh my gosh and after making Coconut Banana Bread… you must give this a try with your leftovers– Banana Bread French Toast
& now… Fit Friday!
It has been a week full of treats, love, and candy. But, do you know what my week has not been full of? Guilt! Why? Because I still make time for my workouts and because life is too short to not enjoy a few Valentine’s Day cookies with the kiddos and a special treat with my husband.
Enjoy your treats, enjoy your moments.
While I am enjoying my treats I am also in marathon training mode. I have set a goal and I am keeping my eye on that through life’s moments. Today’s workout is getting us on the treadmill, yes the treadmill it is snowy and icy out, and working on goals and feeling awesome.
Remember; when running or walking on a treadmill you should not need to hold on. If you find yourself needing to hold on than you need to slow down. Suck it up, let go of the pride, and slow down the speed to a more manageable pace.
Throw last week’s core workout on to the end of this run and life is great! Have a sweet and sweaty day!
Coconut Banana Bread is the best way to use those over ripe bananas!
Nichole, Ruthie, and Madeliene
Coconut Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 large overripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In standing mixer cream butter, add sugar, mix 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating 1 minute and scrapping with each addition.
- Add applesauce, lemon juice, coconut flavoring, and mashed bananas; mix to incorporate.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and sea salt in bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add all at once to wet, mix just until moistened- okay if lumpy.
- Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Evenly sprinkle top of batter with shredded coconut.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted removes clean.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Slice and Enjoy!