Happy Fit Friday!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us. I love having her visit and inspire our fitness!!
A Healthy Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potato, Smoked Gouda, and Kale Salad from me + Friday Chipper Workout from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Roasted Sweet Potato, Smoked Gouda, and Kale Salad is a delightful combination of flavors!
Roasted Sweet Potato, Smoked Gouda, and Kale Salad also includes a bit of thyme and avocado to round it out! This salad is super healthy for you~ if you want to make it even healthier then cut down on the smoked gouda a bit or omit it completely but it is an amazing compliment to the flavors.
I love this salad. . . mostly because I adore sweet potatoes so much! Oh my. They’re totally my favorite root vegetable ever 🙂 If I’m eating our somewhere and they’re on the menu then I have to order them for sure! If you love them as much as I do then check out my Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Honey-Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes, or a Sweet Potato Pie!!
Roasted Sweet Potato, Smoked Gouda, and Kale Salad will be your favorite way to get your veggies!
Nichole’s Friday Chipper Workout:
I love salads…so many fun and yummy things all getting thrown together to make something absolutely delicious, and if it is done right also absolutely delicious. That is also how we make a workout for those of us that have a hard time focusing, throw a whole bunch of different things together, toss is up, and enjoy!
Today’s toss of a whole bunch of different movements comes in the form of a chipper. That means we have a whole bunch of some things (lettuce, cucumbers, chicken) and just a few some things (almonds and feta cheese), throw it all together into one fantastic workout and enjoy!
A couple reminders on a couple movements:
Back Squats: require a barbell to be held up on the back of your shoulders. If you are doing this from home and don’t have access to a barbell you can hold dumbbells.
Man Makers: holding dumbbells drop down into a pushup, row with each arm, jump back up, clean your dumbbells and squat, as you stand shoulder press. This is a movement with a lot of steps.
Over Head Walking Lunges: hold a weight overhead as you lunge. Keeps arms straight and elbows locked the whole time.
You should know the rest of these movements. Push hard and enjoy!
Happy Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 3 cups baby kale greens
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cubed smoked gouda
- sprinkling of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, for garnish
- dressing of choice or olive oil to serve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potatoes, olive oil, 2 teaspoons thyme leaves; evenly spread on pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until edges are browned; stirring twice.
- Divide kale greens between serving plates.
- Divide sweet potatoes onto kale, sprinkle with gouda, add avocado slices, and sprinkle with fresh thyme and sea salt to serve!
- Serve with dressing of choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 621mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 14gSugar: 10gProtein: 11g
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe
- Non-boozy Blueberry Mint Mojito Recipe
- Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze Recipe
- Tex Mex Pasta Bake Recipe
- Salsa Chicken Bake Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette