Yeeeee Haw~ Friday is here!!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole is sharing Core Challenge. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Core Challenge…
What makes salads so yummy? All the different deliciousness inside of it! Salads have a little of this (avocado) and a little of that (ricotta) with a few other bits and bobs thrown in to make the perfect meal. Well, great workouts are the same way! You throw together a little of this (squats) and a little of that (push-ups) mixed with a few other movements and you end up with a great workout. That is what we are doing today! We are combining some great movements for a great core workout!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad is a beautiful combination of savory flavors plus it’s so healthy and such good nutrition!
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad has so many of my very favorite ingredients in it… heirloom tomatoes, ricotta cheese, cucumber, avocado, and those roasted mushrooms are simply to-die-for!!
Oh my. If you’ve never had roasted mushrooms you are in for a serious treat!!
About a year ago I was enjoying dinner with friends at a potluck get together and there it was… Homemade Ricotta Cheese to go along with a salad someone had brought. I swear I died and went to heaven RIGHT there! Oh. my. goodness.
My Homemade Ricotta Cheese recipe link above gives you step by step photo’s and instructions so it’s sure to turn out just right!
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad is a fabulous lunch or dinner… make sure to grab a crusty loaf of bread to enjoy with it too!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups roasted baby portabella and shitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves divided
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup petite cucumber slices
- 1 cup petite heirloom tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado thinly sliced lengthwise
- course sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roasted Mushrooms:
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread mushrooms evenly onto prepared pan, bake 20 minutes; stirring twice.
- Divide salad greens between 2 serving plates.
- Evenly place cucumber slices, tomato halves, and ricotta on greens.
- Add mushrooms to center of salad and fan avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with course sea salt and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.