Our Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe is flavorful, beautiful, and nutritious which are ALL healthy wins during the holidays! Today’s fruit and greens salad is perfect for your holiday gatherings–it combines baked panko goat cheese rounds, pomegranate seeds, orange segments, and an orange balsamic vinaigrette! Our pomegranate salad is bursting with vibrant and rich flavors that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
It’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching! She’s been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much. Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us. If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Enjoy our Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe!
We love today’s Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe! It’s packed with amazing nutrition and the flavors are beautifully balanced! Winter salads make me happy, especially when I’m feeling the like I need a healthy boost! Make sure to grab a crusty loaf of bread or baguette at the store when you make it. You’ll be so glad you did when you’re soaking up every last drop of the Orange Balsamic Dressing! Yummmmmm.
Ingredients in our Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Salad greens- contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, folate, fiber, and phytonutrients. Leafy vegetables are a good choice for a healthful diet because they do not contain cholesterol and are naturally low in calories and sodium.
- Chevre Goat Cheese- A serving of goat cheese delivers 6 grams of filling protein along with a powerful combination of calcium, phosphorus and copper — nutrients that are essential for healthy bones. Plus, goat cheese provides healthy fats, including medium-chain fatty acids, that can improve satiety and benefit weight loss
- Clementines- are a source of potassium, and getting enough dietary potassium decreases dental inflammation, reduces hypertension, and prevents tooth loss. Protect your liver with clementines: Clementines contain choline, a B vitamin that aids in healthy liver function.
- Pomegranate Seeds- Pomegranate Seeds are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and fatty acids that may benefit your health. They are also a good source of vitamin E and magnesium.
- Balsamic Vinegar- is a safe food additive that contains no fat and very little natural sugar. It’s been proven effective to lower cholesterol and stabilize blood pressure. Some research suggests it can also work as an appetite suppressant, and it contains strains of probiotic bacteria.
- Pecans- are a Heart Healthy nuts contain monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants which help reduce the risk of heart disease, improves digestion, helps with weight loss, anti-inflammatory benefits, immune boosting, and anti-aging benefits.
Enjoy our Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe & maybe a few of these salads too!
- Peach, Gorgonzola Cheese, and Chicken Salad
- Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad
- Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad
- Blueberry, Almond, Chicken Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad
- Asian Pear, Avocado, and Blue Cheese Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette
- Lemon Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Tomato Jalepeno Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Miss Nichole’s Fitness Tips & Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe!
I have spent my career focused on balance in your health and well being. In order to thrive in this world you need a healthy physical, mental, and spiritual life. And I have got some news for a few of you, none of that can be done solo. We live in a world where we are meant to work together to find your healthy self.
Individuals begin life dependent for survival on the quality of their relationship with their primary caregiver, usually their mother. Humanity’s survival as a species similarly hinges on the capacity for social living. Most of human history was spent in small groups in which each individual was dependent on others for survival; evidence suggests this is the condition to which humans are best adapted.
Technology has changed the ways people interact with others in their daily lives, but it hasn’t affected the basic need to form supportive bonds with other people.
This week I am giving you another partner workout. Just because this is a partner workout it doesn’t mean you need to set up camp next to “your person” in order to do this together. You absolutely can though if you want to, especially if you are lucky enough to live with them! You can workout together via Facetime or something similar. This allows you to cheer each other on and push each other.
- Salad base:
- 1 (3 ounce) bag mixed greens
- About half of a pomegranate
- 2-3 clementine oranges, peeled and segmented
- Baked Goat Cheese Topper:
- 1 (10 ounce) log chevre goat cheese, sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 egg whites
- Orange Balsamic Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons agave, according to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine nuts with panko crumbs in small bowl.
- In additional small bowl; beat egg whites until frothy.
- Dip the goat cheese rounds into the egg whites, then into the blend of breadcrumbs.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until golden brown; approx 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all dressing ingredients in mixing bowl; set aside.
- Next place mixed greens on serving plates, evenly distribute pomegranate seeds and orange segments on greens.
- Once Baked Goat Cheese Toppers are cooked, evenly distribute on each salad plate and serve with dressing.
- Enjoy your Baked Goat Cheese, Pomegranate, Orange Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 22g
Make our Baked Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe for your next holiday gathering!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene