Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe a wonderful way to start your holiday gathering. Our fig and feta salad is a Mediterranean dream come true! Prosciutto Wrapped Figs are stately, beautiful, and really simple to make too. Today’s Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe has prosciutto, figs, balsamic drizzle, mixed greens, and feta cheese. The flavors meld in perfect harmony with each bite– especially when you pair it with a crusty loaf of bread and lovely glass of white wine! You’ll be sure to get compliments a plenty! Enjoy 🙂
Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe has all the WOW-factors!
Omg. I love fresh Figs and sometimes they are not so easy to find so if you have trouble finding them at the grocery store (I really like the ones at Trader Joes when they have them) then the soft-dried variety will work just as well.
It’s a fairly easy recipe to make- if you are preparing to make this for a special dinner and want to be a step ahead then prosciutto wrap the figs, keep them airtight in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the salad course. Then, it’s a quick finish by place the mixed greens on serving plates, arranging the wrapped figs, sprinkling with feta cheese, and adding a drizzle of balsamic glaze!
Ingredients in our Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe:
• Prosciutto- is a sweet, delicate ham. The word is the Italian for ham, but it is widely used to describe various seasoned and cured air-dried hams. ‘Prosciutto cotto’ is cooked and ‘prosciutto crudo’ is raw, air-dried pork (although safe and ready to eat thanks to the curing process).
• Figs- are high in natural sugars, minerals and soluble fibre. Figs are rich in minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and copper and are a good source of antioxidant vitamins A and K that contribute to health and wellness.
• Salad greens- contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, folate, fiber, and phytonutrients. Leafy vegetables are a good choice for a healthful diet because they do not contain cholesterol and are naturally low in calories and sodium.
• Balsamic Vinegar/Drizzle- is a safe food additive that contains no fat and very little natural sugar. It’s been proven effective to lower cholesterol and stabilize blood pressure. Some research suggests it can also work as an appetite suppressant, and it contains strains of probiotic bacteria.
• Feta Cheese- Feta is a brined, white cheese with a soft and creamy texture. Compared to other cheeses, it’s low in calories and fat. It also contains a high amount of B vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, which can benefit bone health. Additionally, feta contains beneficial bacteria and fatty acids.
How to make Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe:
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into 3 sections, lengthwise.
- Wrap one slice around each fig half.
- Place on serving platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve place prepared figs on a bed of mixed greens, drizzle each fig with balsamic glaze, and add a sprinkle feta cheese.
We love salads– along with our Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe you may enjoy:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1129mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 39gProtein: 15g
Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Feta Salad with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe is a truly lovely addition to any meal!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Gouda & Kale Salad Recipe
- Grilled Corn, Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Irish Bangers & Mash with Brown Gravy Recipe
- Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe
- Shrimp and Petite Peppers Salad Recipe
- German Apple and Celery Root Salad
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- Southern Black Beans and Rice Recipe