Green Bean and Papaya Salad with Peanuts is a fresh and flavorful salad!
I have always loved green beans and I fell in love with papaya when I went to visit my daughter, Madi, in Mexico! Green Bean and Papaya Salad with Peanuts was inspired by my trip to Mexico because they eat ALL fruit with chili (and lime, of course)!!
Green Bean and Papaya Salad with Peanuts is a fresh, healthy, and fun twist on a salad that is just perfect for these winter months before spring hits! You can pick up fresh green beans and papaya at any grocery store! I saw papaya as I was walking out of Wal-Mart the other day and I just had to buy it. The papaya just so happened to spark my imagination and then this wonderful salad came to be!
Green Bean and Papaya Salad with Peanuts will satisfy your fruit craving, while giving you the Vitamin C you need this January!
Much Love and Peace~
- 1 ½ pounds papaya, seeded and cut into 3-4 inch julienne strips
- 10 each green beans, cut into 2 in long julienne strips
- 2 each fresh thai red chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 each garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons agave
- ¼ cup peanuts unsalted, roasted chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- microgreens for garnish
- Place the cut papaya and green beans in a mixing bowl.
- Blend the chilies, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, agave in a blender and puree until agave is dissolved.
- On low speed add the tomato and pulse a couple of times.
- Pour over papaya and green beans; mix well.
- Before serving mix in the peanuts or just garnish top with them.
- Serve alongside cabbage or lettuce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 7gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g