Our Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe will be a hit at your summer backyard BBQ’s! Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw is just the tastiest with fresh papaya, pineapple, red onion, green peppers, cilantro, and finely shredded green cabbage.
Why we love Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe
Today’s Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe is a festive spin on the classic coleslaw… we hope you’ll love it! Coleslaw is a summer BBQ staple at our house.
I had some of this fabulous coleslaw recipe the next day for lunch on a turkey sandwich and it was delightful! Enjoy.
Ingredients in Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe
- green cabbage
- fresh pineapple
- red onion
- white wine vinegar
- minced cilantro
- lime zest & juice
- sea salt & pepper
Healthy Benefits of Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe
- Cabbage- has 1 gram of fiber for every 10 calories. That helps fill you up, so you eat less. It also keeps you regular, and it could help lower your “bad” (LDL) cholesterol and control your blood sugar. Cabbage also has nutrients that keep the lining of your stomach and intestines strong.
- Papayas- contain high levels of antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Diets high in antioxidants may reduce the risk of heart disease. The antioxidants prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. When cholesterol oxidizes, it’s more likely to create blockages that lead to heart disease.
- Red Onion- is full of sulfur compounds that protect the body from ulcers and various cancers. They can also fight bacteria in the urinary tract. The most important of these compounds is called quercetin – an antioxidant compound that could provide protection against cancer, heart disease and allergies.
- Limes- are a good source of magnesium and potassium, which promote heart health. Potassium can naturally lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation, which reduces your risk of a heart attack and stroke. Research is ongoing on lime compounds called limonins that may be able to reduce cholesterol levels.
- Jalapeños are rich in vitamins A and C and potassium. They also have carotene — an antioxidant that may help fight damage to your cells – as well as folate, vitamin K, and B vitamins. Many of their health benefits come from a compound called capsaicin. That’s what makes the peppers spicy.
- Coriander (cilantro)- is a fragrant, antioxidant-rich herb that has many culinary uses and health benefits. It may help lower your blood sugar, fight infections, and promote heart, brain, skin, and digestive health. You can easily add coriander seeds or leaves — sometimes known as cilantro — to your diet.
- Sea Salt- Sea Salt is mostly composed of sodium chloride, a compound that helps regulate fluid balance and blood pressure in the body. Since it’s minimally processed, it contains some minerals, including potassium, iron, and calcium.
- Black Pepper- its active compound piperine may have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Laboratory studies suggest that black pepper may improve cholesterol levels, blood sugar control, and brain and gut health.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/3 cup papaya, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalepeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In small mixing bowl combine all ingredients; toss to combine.
- Serve cold and enjoy your Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 800mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
More Salad Recipes
- Sun-dried Tomato and Olive Tuna Salad in Avocado.
- Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad
- Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Asian Pear, Avocado, and Blue Cheese Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette
- Sun-dried Tomato and Olive Tuna Salad in Avocado.
- Lemon Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Today’s Papaya Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe will make a coleslaw lover out of you! Enjoy.
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe
- French Pâte à Crêpes Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe