BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers recipe are a fun dish for grilling season. . . these meatball skewers are amazing all by themselves AND then we add the pineapple and BBQ sauce into the mix AND Holy Moly, soooo good! Meatball kabobs are the bomb.com! This recipe is versatile and can be served as a meatball skewers appetizer too!
BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers Recipe
I LOVE to grill, especially in the summer time, it’s so nice to keep the heat and mess outside. Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave dessert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the meatballs stay nice and moist on the inside. BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers are a hard-to-beat flavor combination! Seriously. You won’t believe how easy these are to make and how delicious they taste 🙂
We’re excited to share these other grilling recipes too!
Tips & Tricks for Grilling
• Take meat our of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
• Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper,
• To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
• Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
• Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
• Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
• Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
• Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
• To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
• Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
• Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
• Serve and Enjoy!
• Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave dessert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the meatballs stay nice and moist on the inside.
Whip up a batch of these little guys and your whole family will be thrilled! BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers will be on the favorite summer dinners list for sure.
Want to know a quick and easy way to Cut a Fresh Pineapple? Check out my Kitchen Tip Video…
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 lb 90% lean hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce (I like sweet baby ray's)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 20 fresh pineapple chunks
- 6 wooden skewers
- Grilling Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp worchershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- Coat grill with cooking spray.
- Preheat to medium high.
- In a small mixing bowl combine hamburger, egg, panko, bbq sauce; mix well.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 - 2 inch balls.
- Thread onto skewers, alternating with pineapple.
- Combine grilling sauce in small bowl and apply with a basting brush.
- Place on grill, coat with grill sauce, rotate skewers approximately every 2 minutes, coat with additional sauce.
- Grill until meatballs are cooked through and reach 165 internal temperature (approximately 8-9 minutes).