I LOVE to grill, especially in the summer time, it’s so nice to keep the heat and mess outside. Grilling is alittle like cooking on the Mojave dessert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the meatballs stay nice and moist on the inside.
BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers are a hard-to-beat flavor combination!
Seriously. You won’t believe how easy these are to make and how delicious they taste 🙂
- 1 lb 90% lean hamburger
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce (I like sweet baby ray's)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 20 fresh pineapple chunks
- 6 wooden skewers
- Grilling Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp worchershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- Coat spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat to medium high.
- In a small mixing bowl combine hamburger, egg, panko, bbq sauce; mix well.
- Roll mixture into 1½ - 2 inch balls.
- Thread onto skewers, alternating with pineapple.
- Combine grilling sauce in small bowl and apply with a basting brush.
- Place on grill, coat with grill sauce, rotate skewers approx every 2 minutes, coat with additional sauce.
- Grill until cooked through, approx 8-9 minutes total.
Whip up a batch of these little guys and your whole family will be thrilled! BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers will be on the favorite summer dinners list for sure.
Want to know a quick and easy way to Cut a Fresh Pineapple? Check out my Kitchen Tip Video…
Happy Tuesday and Happy Grilling!