Sweet-n-Sour Chicken Skewers are simple to make and great for summer!
Hey, hey… Fit Friday is here!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us. I love having her visit and inspire our fitness! A Healthy Recipe, Sweet-n-Sour Chicken Skewers from me + Healthy Summer Tips from Nichole = a healthy, happy, and balanced life!
Sweet-n-Sour Chicken Skewers are perfect for any summer outing and will make your BBQ that much better! Cherry tomatoes have always been a family favorite in our home. If you don’t have a garden but would like to start, now is your chance!
Start off simple by buying a tomato plant at Home Depot, WalMart, or my personal favorite, Costco. Put it in your house by a window, water it regularly, and watch it come to life with juicy tomatoes that you will enjoy all summer long!
When that summer BBQ rolls around, grab some tomatoes off of your plant and make these delicious chicken skewers with them! Your guests will be in awe at how flavorful, tender, and satisfying they are.
Take advantage of the fresh in-season tomatoes you can find at any grocery store or from your own garden, if you have one! I’ll never forget how my kids would run out to our garden when they were little and eat all the “baby tomatoes” that they could.
Sweet-n-Sour Chicken Skewers are a great way to prepare some of your summer tomato bounty!
Memorial Day has come and gone, for most of us that is the official beginning of summer. With summer here and the fun just beginning I wanted to give some tips and reminders to make this a healthy summer.
3) Fresh Produce: Gardens have been planted, farmers markets are opened, it is time to enjoy some fresh fruits and veggies. They are delicious and calling your name!
4) Get dirty: Research has shown that gardening and getting your hands into the soil is a good stress reliever and great anti-depressant.
Have a fabulous Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Sweet-n-Sour Chicken Skewers
- 3-4 chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, quartered and cut into approx 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 8 ounce button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in a bowl on water for 10 minutes before threading.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, honey, vinegar, worchestershire sauce, and water; stir to combine.
- Thread wooden skewer with a piece of red onion, chicken, mushroom, tomato, and repeat until full, bast with sauce, and set aside.
- Continue until all skewers are done.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken temps at 160 degrees F, remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Milena | Craft Beering says
Love these skewers! Tomatoes are practically my favorite fruit ever. My grandmother taught me how to save seeds from the best tomatoes each year to plant for the following year. Her tomatoes were so fragrant and flavorful that I still tear up remembering them. Happy weekend to you too!
Hi Milena… thank you for sharing your sweet memories. I know you’ll love this new recipe to enjoy them!! xoxo~ Ruthie