Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad makes lunch time, fun times!
Heyyy! We love Fit Friday so much! I especially love what Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness has to share with us this week. It hits so close to home and is my absolute favorite thing. Madeliene and I have both written about it before.. can you guess what it is? Continue reading to find out if you guessed right. You won’t regret it! 🙂
Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad will energize and fuel you for the rest of your day! The chicken is superb and a great source of lean protein! Mixing it with black beans and leafy dark greens just makes it to die for! Yummmy!!!
Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad is filled with healthy goodness! The chips are baked with a little bit of chipotle cheese giving a wonderful kick to this healthy chip!
Now… the moment you’ve all been waiting for… Wisdom from our wonderful Nichole!
Nutrition and dieting is a topic that gets discussed a lot with my clients. During those discussions many of my clients walk away frustrated. Why? Because they don’t get diets or plans from me. Instead I talk to them about a way of life, I talk to them about making healthier choices, we talk about getting to know our bodies better, and we talk about it all in way that food fits into life instead of our lives revolving around food.
This mind set is so hard for many people. We our a society that no longer is in tune with our bodies. We don’t know how to listen to our bodies tell us what food it needs, what food helps our bodies thrive. Instead we are a society that jumps from diet to diet, from food plan to food plan.
Today’s fit tips or some tips to help you get more in tune with yourself. We are talking intuitive eating.
Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad. The salad that keeps giving. 🙂
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 2 cups baked corn tortilla chips
- 2 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup shredded chipotle cheese
- 2-3 cups baby kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and red pepper flakes, to taste
- pico de gallo to serve
- In a small sauce pan combine black beans and pico de gallo, cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat to warm through.
- Divide chips on two serving plates.
- Top with cooked chicken, black beans, and chipotle cheese.
- In small mixing bowl toss baby kale and olive oil.
- Add greens to serving plates.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with pico de gallo and Enjoy!
- Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
- Cherry Prosecco Spritzer Recipe
- Turkey Frank Corn Dogs Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Honey Molasses Baked Beans Recipe