Classic Tiramisu is a decadent Italian dessert and it really is simple enough to make at home!
I love Tiramisu! Like I could practically marry it… IF I could marry a dessert 🙂 I first fell in love with it in Italy when I was there on vacation almost 10 years ago. It is creamy, dreamy, and with a touch of coffee flavor that melts in your mouth in the most beautiful way.
Sometimes, when I taste desserts in a restaurant I can be too intimidated to try making them at home but this recipe is so simple to make- it’s sure to be a success plus you’ll love having the whole pan to enjoy and share too!
Classic Tiramisu is sure to win the hearts of your family and friends. I love to make things and share them with the people I love. It’s always been my way of spreading the love around my neighborhood too. So, take this recipe to any event, anytime of year and it will be a sure way into everyones hearts!!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1 Tbsp. is reserved for the whipping cream
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 30-35 store-bought giant ladyfingers, you can use regular, you'll just need more
- 1 cup heavy cream
- cocoa powder
- milk chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and the 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in mascarpone cheese until incorporated.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold in beaten egg whites into mascarpone cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl combine coffee and coffee liqueur. Dip ladyfingers into coffee-liqueur mixture and lay in rows in the bottom of a 9X13-inch dish. Spread half of the mascarpone cream on top. Repeat with dipped lady fingers and spread the remaining mascarpone cream mixture on top.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream and tablespoon of sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top.
- Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with grated and/or shaved milk chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, or preferably overnight to allow lady fingers to soak up coffee-liqueur mixture.
*recipe adapted from Giada’s Tiramisu
Classic Tiramisu will surprise you with how amazing it taste plus you can make it right at home.
Much Love and Peace~