*this is a sponsored post by Pillsbury and Walmart, the opinions expressed are genuine and all mine 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries are filled with all the flavors and aromas of the upcoming holidays! It’s Baking Season so I’m excited to start baking up some beautifully delicious memories this year.
I love this time of year when autumn starts slowly fading into winter and the holiday season approaches. I yearn to be in my kitchen baking. I’m sure you’ll agree there’s nothing quite like walking into a kitchen filled with the aromas of apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries is all of that and more! They’re simple to make with just a few easy steps, 22 minutes in the oven, and the aromas while they bake will bring the whole family to the kitchen~ anxiously awaiting the moment to taste test.
I’ve loved Pillsbury Crescent Rolls for my entire life, really. I get excited just opening the package; pressing a spoon into the seam and then not quite knowing when it’s going to “POP” open. All kinds of fun childhood memories come to mind of mom calling me to the kitchen just so I could pop open each and every package… I loved to open them that much!
I still love it 🙂
I like to grab my Pillsbury Crescent Rolls in the refrigerated section of our local Walmart. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls are simple to find and always in stock, but please don’t make the mistake of buying an off brand~ they’re just NOT the same! Nope. You’ve gotta trust me on this one and go for the tastiest-flakiest-yummiest original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries are completely versatile; enjoy them for breakfast or brunch with the ladies or serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ve got the perfect dessert. Anytime of day and anyway you serve them your Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries will be remembered fondly as the highlight of the occasion!
Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries are exactly what your Holiday Baking needs this year!
You’ll adore them plus you’ll love baking up wonderful memories with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Walmart.
Much Love and Peace~
- 1 8oz Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- Apple Topping:
- 3 small jazz or fugi apples, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese:
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- mint leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt; mix to combine.
- Add apple slices; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over apple mixture and toss; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla; mix to combine and set aside.
- On a non-stick working surface remove Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls from packaging and unroll.
- Using a sharp knife divide dough into 4 equal sections (2 crescent rolls per section).
- Press divided lines in dough together with finger tips and cut each section in half- forming rectangles.
- Evenly distribute dough rectangles on prepared baking sheet.
- Divide Cinnamon Cream Cheese over each rectangle, evenly spread over each pastry leaving approximate 1/8th inch outer edge of the dough plain.
- Toss apples and begin working on one pastry at a time; cut each apple slice in half, place 8 halves with the cut side towards the center and slightly tucking each additional apple under the previous to form a circle centered on each pastry.
- Top with one full slice of apple.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until edges of pastry are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then serve warm or cold.
- Garnish with mint leaf, if desired.