Stacked Caprese Salad is so beautiful and so simple to make – it’s the perfect salad for any occasion!
I love Caprese everything! Oh my. I love it so much! Heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and just the right amount of fresh basil and olive oil completely makes my heart melt. I’m sure I must have been Italian in another life 🙂
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 3 petite tomatoes
- 10 slices fresh mozzarella
- 20 basil leaves, chiffonade
- sea salt
- olive oil, drizzle
- balsamic vinegar reduction, optional drizzle
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella in 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Drizzle olive oil on plate.
- Layer 3 slices tomato, 2 slices mozzarella cheese, 1/2 tsp thinly sliced basil on top of one another.
- Stack in the center of plate.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
Stacked Caprese Salad will go along perfectly with any meal!
Or if you grab a loaf of crusty artisan bread at the store then it could also make the perfect lunch too!
Much Love and Peace~