Chocolate Turtle Cake is everything you’d hoped it’d be when you read the title!! Chocolate, Pecans, and Caramel… how can it be anything but delicious 🙂
We enjoyed this Chocolate Turtle Cake for Abbies 13th birthday party last Sunday… she loved it and so did all the rest of us! Chocolate Turtle Cake will be a favorite of yours too!!
- 1 14oz pkg wrapped caramels
- 1 14 ozcan evaporated milk
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake mix
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 3/4 C lowfat sour cream
- 1 C water
- 2 eggs
- 1 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cooking spray and flour 9x13 baking pan.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat melt unwrapped caramels and evaporated milk.
- Cover and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, water, sour cream, butter, eggs.
- Mix 3 minutes.
- Pour half of batter into baking pan, spread to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until edges start to puff but center is soft.
- Pour caramel mix over cake, spread, sprinkle 1 C chocolate chips, 1 C pecans on top.
- Pour remaining batter, spread to cover evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes more until top springs back with light touch.
- Pour remaining chocolate chips, let melt 2-3 minutes.
- Mean while toast pecans in 350 degree oven for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Spread melted chocolate chips with a knife, sprinkle toasted pecans on top.
- Serve with Ice cream!