Mint Oreo Krispie Treats is a fun and festive treat for St. Patricks Day! They’re just the right combination of chocolate and mint on top of the vanilla of marshmallows and rice krispies. Every little leprechaun in your family will adore them!
I don’t about you but I can hardly believe it’s March already! It seems like the year is just flying by, but then again I feel like I say that all the time! I’m just going to have to accept that time goes faster and faster all the time 🙂
St. Patties Day has always been celebrated in our family. We’re Irish so growing up my mom always pulled out the shamrocks and leprechauns in March. I like to celebrate by making festive foods in the kitchen like Irish Soda Bread, Irish Ginger Snaps, Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats, and Irish Stew. AND I might find something green to wear for that “Luck of the Irish” look!
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 16oz package mini marshmallows
- 8 cups rice krispie cereal
- 20 mint oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, for garnish
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Chunk mint oreo cookies into approximatley dime sized pieces; set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in rice krispies; mix well.
- Quickly add 3/4 of chunked mint oreos; mix to lightly incorporate.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Add remaining chunked mint oreos onto top and lightly press to secure.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut and set on parchment paper, melt milk chocolate in microwave for 30-45 seconds, drizzle on treats, cool to set.
This year you can add these Mint Oreo Kripsie Treat to the St. Patties Day festivities!
Hope your St. Patricks Day is full of lovely lucky things 🙂
Much Peace and Love~