Spring Rice Krispie Treats is a classic recipe with a bit of a chocolate twist added to it 🙂
We all need a little chocolate love now again- right?!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 16oz package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- In a small microwave dish melt white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Place 2 Tbsp chocolate into 2 small bowls and add 1 drop of food color into each bowl.
- Mix well until evenly colored.
- Set aside.
- Evenly spread white chocolate over top of krispie treats.
- Using a fork; drizzle first colored chocolate back and forth across white chocolate.
- Repeat with second colored chocolate.
- Work quickly so it won’t set.
- Allow to cool, cut with a knife into squares.
Our family loves this Rice Krispie Treat recipe! It’s SO quick and easy but extra festive when they get all fancied up with a little bit of chocolate.
Spring Rice Krispie Treats will bring a smile to every face that tastes them 🙂
Here are a couple of other fun Spring-time treats that you’ll enjoy baking and eating too:
Happy Spring and Happy Monday!
PS- I shared this recipe over at Beneath My Heart too 🙂