Pappardelle with Roasted Asparagus Mushroom is a simply delicious dinner!
Pappardelle with Asparagus, Mushroom, and Ricotta is simple-to-make and delicious!
The best part is you can switch the veggies to your families liking… fresh green beans with onion or red peppers with zucchini would both be SO tasty too. I love it when recipes can be versatile to fit my families likes and dislikes.
- 3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cup asparagus cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 12oz package pappardelle pasta (I used lemon pepper variety from trader joes)
- 1 cup lowfat ricotta
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven 475 degrees.
- On baking sheet place asparagus, mushrooms, shallots; drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Bring pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, In large skillet melt butter, add onion and cook for 2 minutes, add garlic, cook 2 more minutes stirring.
- Add spinach, lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook to wilt spinach.
- Place drained noodles into skillet with cooked vegetables.
- Place ricotta in small bowl.
- In a separate bowl temper the egg yolk by slowly whisking in the reserved hot pasta water.
- (this will gently cook the yolk and make the sauce creamy.)
- Stir the temper yolk into the ricotta, pour over noodles and toss.
- Adjust seasoning with sea salt and pepper.
- Serve noodles in bowls with roasted veggies on top.
This recipe starts off with some pretty basic ingredients…
First just roast off the veggies on a baking sheet…
Then cook your noodles and while they’re cooking make your sauce….
AND wha-la! Dinner is served.
Here’s a delicious spring inspired dessert to go with your delicious dinner.
Much Love and Peace~