FIT FRIDAY is in the house! hahaha. But, really. . . welcome 🙂
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole is giving us a Combo Workout today. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Combo Workout. . .
I am loving this beautiful fall weather, but not ready for the not so beautiful fall weather. We have already had a few of those days where I just can’t convince myself to suck it up and deal with the wind and rain. On those days it is time to move the workout inside.
Let’s hit the treadmill…..and weights! I love combo days. I feel very accomplished when I am done.
Warmup for 5-10 min working up your pace as you go.
2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10% hit each of these levels at a solid pace for 1 min. No holding on!!!!
1 min at base pace
.25 miles at 5k pace
15 squats with bicep curl
15 weighted situps
15 renegade rows
Rpt 4-6 times (time and ability dependent)
Finish happy knowing that your body has been worked!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Caramel Apple Parfait is a skinny autumn dessert that’s as tasty as it is adorable!
Y’all know I’ve got a sweet tooth on me! It’s the truth. But, most of the time I try to find “skinnier” ways to satisfy the little thing 🙂
Which happens to be how this Caramel Apple Parfait came to life. . . I was craving some caramel and apples, naturally, they’ve gotta go hand-in-hand in the autumn months. So, I decided to make a darling autumn inspired dessert out of my craving. Actually, I wish I was eating it again~ right this very second, instead of looking at photo’s of those delightful Caramel Apple Parfait!
You’ve simply got to whip up some Caramel Apple Parfait and taste exactly what I’m talking about.
They’re super simple to make too with mini vanilla wafers, light whipped topping, and vanilla pudding. Oh and lets not forget the apples and caramel sauce 🙂 Mmmmmmm hmmm.
Caramel Apple Parfait are simple to make and so festive for your fall get togethers! Enjoy.
Happy Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 60 mini Nilla Wafers
- 1 8ounce container light whipped topping
- Caramel Pudding Filling:
- 3 cups lowfat milk
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 2 3.4 oz packages vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 red apple, seeded and diced
- 1 green apple, seeded and diced
- drizzle with caramel topping
- Pudding Filling:
- In large mixing bowl combine vanilla puddings, 3 cups milk, 1 cup whip topping, and 1/4 cup caramel topping; whisk for 2 minutes and place in fridge for 1 hour or until thickened.
- In four small serving dishes layer mini vanilla wafers, pudding mixture, light whip topping; repeat ending with a dollop of whip topping.
- Just before serving, add diced apples around the outer edge and drizzle with caramel topping.
- Add a mini nilla wafer on top!
- Serve and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 795Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 115gFiber: 3gSugar: 87gProtein: 12g