Have I got some exciting news to share with you today… I’ve been busting at the seams waiting to tell y’all, actually! Have you heard of Choffy? It’s a delightful beverage made from brewed cacao (chocolate) beans AND can I just add that it’s Chocolate-Bliss in a mug.
My exciting news? I’m thrilled to be the newest member of the Choffy family where a delicious partnership as ‘Choffy Chef’ has begun.
Choffy is company with a huge heart and I’m honored to be able to work with them. What does that mean for you? It means you’ll be enjoying Choffy Creations right along with me on this fun new adventure!
I’m in all-kinds-of-love with Choffy. Why?
Oh my goodness… they’ve got 5 varieties to choose from; each with a different flavor profile. PLUS, it tastes ah-mazing and it’s SO good for you too.
I’m a true Choco-holic (as most of you know) and one that reveres dark chocolate worthy of being one of 7 wonders of the world! I fully appreciate all the love that goes into each bag of Choffy. The craftsman approach and small batch production makes each cup a beautiful experience.
I’m just thrilled to share my very first Choffy Chef kitchen creation with you… Choffy Chocolate Biscotti!
These are a few of the reasons Choffy is so good for you…
~Choffy is 100% premium cacao (cocoa beans). Cacao is referred to as a superfood for its fantastic health benefits! For example, there are more antioxidants in an 8oz. cup of Choffy than almost two servings of blueberries. How’s that for stamping out free-radicals!
~Choffy naturally contains a gentle yet long lasting stimulant called Theobromine. This healthy stimulant provides you with an energy lift by dilating the cardiovascular system, making the heart’s job easier and delivers energy without a crash or the other negative effects of caffeine.
~Choffy is made from 100% premium cacao (cocoa), beans roasted and ground to create a rich drink that provides long-lasting energy and whole-body wellness. Not only does Choffy taste good, it’s really good for you. It contains no sugar, dairy, or chemicals; in fact, all it contains is premium cacao and these naturally occurring, good-for-you properties:
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp Volta Dark Choffy, strongly brewed
- 4 oz 70% dark chocolate, rough chopped
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt; whisk to incorporate.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter and add sugar; mix 2 minutes to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time, scrapping with each addition.
- Add vanilla and Volta Dark Choffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to 80% combined then add chopped dark chocolate; mix to combine.
- Dump dough onto parchment paper, wet hands with water and form into a log- approx 12-18 inches long by 5-6 inches wide. (will be sticky)
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven, reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- Let biscotti cool 15 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut into 1 inch wide pieces and turn each piece to lay on it's side on the pan.
- Bake additional 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Cool completely.
- Once cool, microwave semi-sweet chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more until smooth.
- Using a fork, drizzle over biscotti using a back and forth motion.
- Allow to cool to set.
- Enjoy with a mug of your favorite variety of Choffy!
To say I can’t get enough Choffy would be an understatement- it goes with me everywhere. I like to think it’s because I’m connecting with each flavor to better develop recipes BUT, in all honesty, I just love it right to pieces!
As an extra celebration, Choffy is extending 10% off your first purchase made on-line through Dec 31, 2014 just click here and use the order code: RUTHIE10
My fave so far? Choffy Volta Dark and this Chrome Tumbler Press it’s THE coolest thing you’ve ever seen! Really. It’s a french press right in there plus it keeps your Choffy warm for hours 🙂 I just love them both so much.
Enjoy the Choffy-love with me.
Much Love and Peace~