Today’s Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe are bursting with flavor not mention the moist and flaky crumb! These homemade scones will delight you in a healthier way! Our baked scones are simple to make for any breakfast or brunch this holiday season.
Why we love Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
Our cranberry orange scones recipe are simple-to-make and will bring extra cheer to your holiday’s! I love orange and cranberries together they’re a delightful medley of flavors.
Ingredients in Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- baking powder
- sea salt
- neufatchel cream cheese
- light agave
- lowfat milk
- fresh orange juice
- orange zest
- dried cranberries
Fit Friday with Nichole
Christmas Holiday fun is in the air and all over my calendar. Trying to find time for it all and keep my sanity is quite the balancing act. For me, finding time to go for a run, get in a quick lift at the gym, or even just getting out with my dogs for a walk become vital to the whole precocious process.
A couple of tricks I have found that work for me.
First, I can’t try and justify parties and all the yummy food later with a workout. I become resentful of my workout and don’t really enjoy the treat later. Instead I need to go for a run because it clears my head and makes my heart happy. Then I enjoy the treats because they also make my heart happy, along with all the fun company that come with them.
Second, I don’t force a workout into a schedule that just doesn’t allow for it. But I have found that I can generally at least sneak out for a mile or two with my dogs and everyone will feel better.
When I can sneak in a weights session I tend to make it all encompassing, meaning lots of different body parts and will also get my heart rate up. With that, let’s get to this week’s workout. We are going with a HIIT workout.
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 4 ounces neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light agave
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix.
- Cut in butter and neufatchel cream cheese until resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix egg, agave, milk, orange juice, orange zest.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in liquid; stir just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (will be sticky).
- Knead in cranberries until just combined.
- Shape into a circle a 1/2 inch thick.
- Slice into 8 wedges.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Enjoy your Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 8g
More Holiday Breakfast Recipes
- Cinnamon Rolls with Eggnog Frosting Recipe
- Apple Walnut Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cider Glaze
- 15 Holiday Brunch Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries
- Nutella Pastry Stars
- Cinnamon Roll Kabobs
- Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake Recipe
- Prosciutto Wrapped Apple Triangles Recipe
- Crock-pot Cranberry Orange Bread
Enjoy making Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe for your family this week!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,