Dark Chocolate Blueberry Scones- they’re a skinny breakfast scone (but, still delicious) and full of antioxidants too.
- 3¼ C flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ C butter, cold
- 4oz neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ C light agave or ¾ C sugar
- 1 C lowfat milk
- ¾ C fresh blueberries
- ½ C dark chocolate chips
- Drizzle Topping:
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter and neufatchel cream cheese until resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix egg, agave, milk.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in liquid; stir just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth (will be sticky).
- Carefully fold in dark chocolate and blueberries until just combined.
- Shape into a circle a ½ inch thick.
- Slice into 10 wedges.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Drizzle Topping: Combine in a small bowl, mix well, will be very thin.
- Drizzle with topping and serve.
I have a confession-
I nearly ate every one of these Dark Chocolate Blueberry Scones all by myself!
You’ll love them too.
Happy Tuesday!! Hope it’s a really great one…
PS– I shared this recipe over at Beneath my Heart a couple of weeks ago too!