Hey, Hey!! I’m throwing y’all for a little spin this week. . . Fit Friday has bumped it’s way to Fit Monday for this go round 🙂
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us today! I love having her visit and inspire our fitness!!
This week Nichole’s Chipper Workout (and I’ve recently done these- it’s awesome!). A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Chipper Workout. . .
The season of germs and sickness is here. I have cleaned up more vomit over the last couple of weeks than I care to remember. This means that I have skipped right over one of the key tips to staying healthy, avoid sick people, but I am practicing tip number two fervently, clean!!!!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe. . .
Cranberry, Pecan, Dark Chocolate Cookies are a healthier cookie that taste like everything you’ve been craving in a cookie and much more! SO Delish!!
They’re packed with plenty of healthy-yummy-goodness too. . . with the oats, whole wheat flour, milled flax seed, applesauce, dried cranberries, pecans, and dark chocolate! YUMMMmmm.
I’m completely telling the truth when I tell you that these Cranberry, Pecan, Dark Chocolate Cookies are one of my all time favorite cookies! They totally are. You’ll love them too, I promise! They make A LOT of cookies but the cool part is that they freeze really well, so whenever that little sweet tooth kicks in. . . you’ve got a healthier way to satisfy it right on hand. 🙂
Cranberry, Pecan, Dark Chocolate Cookies recipe originally came to me via a friend who got it from a yoga spa. . . no one will ever believe they’re good for you! Most of the moisture in these cookies comes from applesauce with just a 1/4 cup of butter- which for 70 cookies is hardly anything at all!
Oh, yah. I did remember to mention that it makes enough to feed a whole a yoga spa, right?!?! You’ll love them fresh or out of the freezer- no worries.
Cranberry, Pecan, Dark Chocolate Cookies will be you favorite new cookie! Enjoy!!
- 7 cups whole rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C milled flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar or 1 C agave, or 50/50
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol, room temperature
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups sliced pecans
- sea salt to garnish each cookie
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whip butter and sugar or agave; cream until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping with each addition.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, flax seed, baking soda, and sea salt; whisk together.
- Add dry mixture and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add oats in two batches mixing between each addition.
- Do not over mix.
- Add dark chocolate, cranberries, and pecans; stir to incorporate.
- Drop cookies onto prepared pan by the tablespoon or use a large cookie scoop.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to each dough ball before cooking.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until edges are crispy and lightly browned.
- Store in airtight container.
- Dough can be frozen for two months or last one week in the fridge.
- Baked cookies freeze well for up to 2 months.
- Makes approx 70 cookies.
- * if using only agave, add an additional 1/2 C whole wheat flour