Hey guys! This is Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels! Long time, no see and thank you very much for having me back! Ruthie has been so sweet and patient with my crazy, chaotic life these days as a working mom of two with a traveling husband and a big time unexpected move thrown in right at Christmas. It kind of felt like everything in life was put on hold for a bit, so I am so super excited to be back with you all today to share a recipe that I think is an absolute Super Bowl Party must!!!!
Bourbon Spiced Pecans
My in-laws have a pecan orchard in East Texas and this year was an almighty harvest!! This year’s pecans are amazing in any way they are consumed, but I have become a candying pecan fool lately. This spicy and sweet version of candied pecans might be my favorite and definitely one for the football watching men! And to make it even better, they are so EASY to make! Set them out in a dish for your guests to snack on or keep them for yourself to top your favorite salads with, either way they will be a hit!
Since I have a freezer full of shelled pecans, you just might get one more recipe out of me this winter while we are in the throws of comfort food. Thanks again for having me back!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (I use Woodford Reserve)
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine egg whites and bourbon.
- Whisk until frothy.
- Add pecans to mixture and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over pecan mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Turn pecan mixture out onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet or silpat.
- Spread out over pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes depending on oven stirring mixture every 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan.
Adapted from Rachel Cooks.com Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans
If you’re looking for a few more Super Bowl Party recipe ideas, you just might like these, too!