Good Monday Morning 🙂
I hope y’all had a lovely weekend… I survived my finals Thursday and Friday!! Yay.
Since then, I’ve been playing catch up all weekend long from the crazi-hectic-ness of last week 🙂 It’s all good. Just stay one step in front of the ball, right?!
You remember that wonderful trip to Seattle I was able to go on with Girards Dressings about a month ago? I’ve been wanting to share some more fun and photo’s and this delightful recipe with y’all.
There’s an adorable restaurant in Seattle called The Pink Door it’s just off of Pike Place Market on Post Alley…
Some of the Girards Cullinary Collective ladies and I all snuck away from the IFBC for a little bite to eat.
Think French Brulesque here and you’ll totally get the feel of this place…
My friend Amy from Our Everyday Dinners ordered the most amazing Bruschetta and it’s been on my mind to recreate and share with you ever since…
That’s the ‘original’ Pink Door Bruschetta and here’s my delicioso recreation… Enjoy!
- 1 baguette
- 6 heirloom tomatoes
- 18 basil leaves, torn into pieces
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut loaf on the diagonal and drizzle each piece with approx 1 tsp olive oil.
- Broil until edges are browned, approx 2-3 minutes, allow to cool.
- Place bread on serving plate.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and sprinkle torn basil on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
Have a wonderful day!