Roasted Tomato Cream Sauce with Tortellini is the BEST tomato sauce in the whole entire world!
Oh my gosh! Y’all are not going to believe how delicious it is… you’ll just have to make it and see for yourselves exactly what I’m talking about!
This Roasted Tomato Sauce is wonderful on any pasta~ gnocchi, penne, or cheese tortellini’s! It’s ALL in the sauce. That’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! hahah 🙂
- 8 roma tomatoes; charred, peeled, seeded
- 1/2 large onion, small diced
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1.5 14.5 oz cans Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste, approx 10oz
- 1 8oz package neufatchel cream cheese
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- small wedge of locatelli pecorino romano, for garnish
- 1 9oz packaged cheese tortellini
- Roast tomatoes on grill or under broiler until well roasted (black almost everywhere).
- Wrap in plastic wrap and cool.
- Peel, seed, and dice.
- In large stock pot Roast garlic with olive oil, add all herbs, onions, roasted tomatoes to pot.
- Cook 5-7 minutes to sweat onions and soften.
- Add red wine and reduce.
- Add the vegetable stock and reduce by half.
- Add canned chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer until thick.
- Once thick, add neufatchel cream cheese and allow to melt.
- Blend in batches in blender. Return to pot and simmer.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve with flaked locatelli pecorino romano. (or parmesan)
* I adapted this recipe from Chef Todd, UVU Culinary Arts
Roasted Tomato Sauce with Tortellini will knock the socks off every person sitting at your table tonight!
Grab a loaf of crusty artisan bread to dunk in that sauce too… you’ll be in HEAVEN! (Okay. I know the Italian is coming out in me right now)
Happy Monday! Make it a great week 🙂
Much Love and Peace~