Our Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe will help you get a healthy start to your day! We think the best way to get a healthy jump start is with our chocolate spinach smoothie! I love chocolate blueberry smoothie recipes. Today’s spinach protein shake is packed with banana, strawberry, kiwi, blueberries, greek yogurt, and chocolate protein powder to keep you fueled!
Celebrate with Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe
YAY! It’s 2020 which is extra cool to start a whole new decade along with a new year. Now that the holidays have officially come to an end, it’s that time of year when we tidy up the house, pack away the holiday decor, and take inventory of our eating habits, too.
It’s a great time to refocus on healthy eating habits and a balanced lifestyle.
What’s the difference between a smoothie & a shake
Most people love smoothies and shakes, some don’t really know the differences between them because after all the both cold and refreshing, drinkable, and delicious!
- In my opinion it all comes down to ice cream. . . yes, it’s true!
- Smoothies do not have ice cream, candy bars, cookies or pies in them. Smoothies are filled with healthy for you ingredients like fruit and veggies and healthier forms of protein and dairy.
- Don’t get me wrong. . . I enjoy them both as probably most of you do too!
- I just enjoy smoothies on a more regular basis and shakes wellllll they’re a more special occasion or dessert kind of treat.
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe; I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to toss them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later- I find they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. ie: spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced/cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled/segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always good try adding: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup lite chocolate almond or soy milk
- 1 6oz greek yogurt, plain flavor
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 banana, cut into chunks (I like to use frozen)
- 2 cups fresh spinach greens
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 25gSugar: 25gProtein: 61g
More Smoothie Recipes
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
Enjoy our Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe and start 2020 off right! 🙂
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene