Our Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe is to help you get a healthy start to the new year! YAY! It’s 2020 which is extra cool to start a whole new decade along with a new year. Now that the holidays have officially come to an end, it’s that time of year when we tidy up the house, pack away the holiday decor, and take inventory of our eating habits, too. We think the best way to get a healthy jump start is with our Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe! I love chocolate smoothies but you can also use vanilla protein powder, if you like vanilla better. SO good and packed with banana, strawberry, kiwi, blueberries, greek yogurt, and chocolate protein powder to keep you fueled and full all morning long!
What’s the difference between a smoothie and a shake?
Most people love smoothies and shakes and some don’t really know the differences between the two! After all, they are both cold, refreshing, drinkable, and delicious! In my opinion, it all comes down to ice cream… yes, the ice cream. Smoothies do not have ice cream, candy bars, cookies or pies in them. Smoothies are filled with healthy for you ingredients like fruit, veggies, and healthier forms of protein and dairy.
Don’t get me wrong… I enjoy them both as probably most of you do too! I just tend to enjoy smoothies on a more regular basis and shakes… wellllll… they’re a more special occasion or dessert kind of treat for me. 🙂
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so that they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe. I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to freeze them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later. I find that they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. For example, spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced & cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled & segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always a good thing to use: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
- Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
Indulge in our Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe and these tasty smoothies, too!
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup lite chocolate almond or soy milk
- 1 6oz greek yogurt, plain flavor
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 banana, cut into chunks (I like to use frozen)
- 2 cups fresh spinach greens
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 25gSugar: 25gProtein: 61g
Enjoy our Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe and start 2020 off right! 🙂
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene