Apple Rutabaga Soup is a sweet and savory delight- it’s a must make this fall! Your whole family will love it just as much as we do, it’s heavenly!
Apple Rutabaga Soup is filled with all the flavors of fall. . . the aromatics, while it simmers, will fill the whole house with autumn-fabulousness! We LOVE all kinds of soups in the fall and winter, they’re just so comfy and cozy! Add our Italian Tortellini Soup , French Onion Soup with Baguette, and our Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup!
Apple Rutabaga Soup is the perfect soup to add to your autumn menu!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 ½ pounds rutabaga, ( approx 2-3) peeled and large diced
- 4 granny smith apple, peeled and large diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cups apple juice
- 4 cups vegetable
- 1 sachet with star anise and cinnamon stick
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat add celery, onion, rutabaga, and apple with butter; cook until onions are translucent and apples soften approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add apple juice and vegetable broth; bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir in cream.
- In small batches puree until smooth, add salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and garnish with a dash of cinnamon.