Our Triple Berry, Chevre, Candied Pecan Salad Recipe a healthy and beautiful springtime salad! The lightly sweet lemon vinaigrette is sure to be a favorite too. Today’s salad is filled with wonderful health benefits and good nutrition–also so appealing to the eye! As they say we eat with our eyes first. Enjoy!
Why we love Triple Berry, Chevre, Candied Pecan Salad Recipe
I love this salad! It’s like springtime all wrapped up in a beautiful bowl. I could eat it every. single. day. The light & fresh lemon vinaigrette is the perfect flavor compliment.
Grab a loaf of crusty artisan bread or make one of ours and you are all set! I’ve been enjoying the salad in these photo’s the past couple of days now, actually! Heaven.
What is Chevre Cheese?
Today’s salad is topped off with those white blops of creamy, mouth-watering, Chevre Cheese! Oh my. I LOVE this stuff–it’s a soft cheese made out of goats milk.
• It’s more mild than feta cheese and creamy-soft. . . it originates from France.
• You can locate it in the specialty cheese section of most grocery stores or ask the cheese monger to help you find it.
• Chevre cheese is a powerful combination of calcium, phosphorus and copper — nutrients that are essential for healthy bones.
• Chevre goat cheese provides healthy fats, including medium-chain fatty acids, that can improve satiety and benefit weight loss .
Ingredients in Triple Berry, Chevre, Candied Pecan Salad Recipe
- Salad Greens- contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, folate, fiber, and phytonutrients. Leafy vegetables are a good choice for a healthful diet because they do not contain cholesterol and are naturally low in calories and sodium.
- Blueberries- The fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content in blueberries supports heart health. The absence of cholesterol from blueberries is also beneficial to the heart. Fiber content helps to reduce the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Raspberries- are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They may protect against diabetes, cancer, obesity, arthritis and other conditions and may even provide anti-aging effects.
- Blackberries- contain a wide array of important nutrients including potassium, magnesium and calcium, as well as vitamins A, C, E and most of our B vitamins. They are also a rich source of anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants that give blackberries their deep purple color.
- Chevre Cheese- A serving of goat cheese delivers 6 grams of filling protein along with a powerful combination of calcium, phosphorus and copper — nutrients that are essential for healthy bones. Plus, goat cheese provides healthy fats, including medium-chain fatty acids, that can improve satiety and benefit weight loss .
- Pecans- are a Heart Healthy nuts contain monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid along with phenolic antioxidants which help reduce the risk of heart disease, improves digestion, helps with weight loss, anti-inflammatory benefits, immune boosting, and anti-aging benefits.
- Fresh Lemon- Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C and flavonoids, which are antioxidants. Antioxidants help remove free radicals that can damage cells from the body. These nutrients can help prevent diseases and boost health and wellbeing are some of the possible benefits of consuming lemons.
- Olive Oil- is widely recognized as one of the world’s healthiest oils. In fact, people tend to live longer and healthier lives in regions where olive oil is a staple part. It is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, contains large amounts of antioxidants, strong anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent strokes, protective against heart disease
- Honey- has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose, and it contains about 70 to 80 percent sugar, which provides its sweetness. Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
Fit Friday with Nichole
I have been a proponent of health for years, this is no secret. I have spent time learning the difference between being fit and being healthy, working for numbers versus working for health, etc. But why? Why is health important and why are happy and healthy put together so often?
Being healthy is not only good for our bodies, but it turns out being healthy also does wonders for our relationships. These are my five favorite reasons that being healthy leads to better relationships, keep in mind these five are only a few of the many awesome reasons.
As a mom I tend to have a lot of balls I am juggling, most of which have nothing to do with my needs and wants, and when I find myself overwhelmed the first balls that get dropped are mine. On those days when I find myself in the car longer than not, I tend to skip eating food that I know will fuel my energy and go for whatever I can quickly grab once I realize how hungry I am. When I am overly scheduled the first thing I am tempted to kick to another day, even though I know that 30 minutes of getting my heart rate up and my legs moving will do wonders with my approach to the rest of the day.
Remember, being healthy is not just about you. Being healthy affects all the lives that intersect with your own.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup chevre cheese, soft goat cheese
- ½ cup candied pecans
- Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Lemon Vinaigrette: in a small bowl whisk ingredients together until blended.
- Salad: in a large serving bowl place spinach.
- Evenly distribute berries, dabs of chevre cheese, and candied pecans.
- Just before serving drizzle salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Artisan Bread Recipes
- Parmesan Olive Artisan Loaf
- Rosemary Parmesan Artisan Loaf
- Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- No-Knead Artisan Loaf
- Whole Grain Artisan Loaf
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Apple Cinnamon Whole Grain Bread
You’ll love this Triple Berry, Chevre, Candied Pecan Salad just as much as we do!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends. Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene