Holiday Overnight Oats are a simple to make breakfast that I totally adore!
Happy Fit Friday!!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us! I love having her visit and inspire our fitness!! Were are getting merry and bright around here this week. . . Miss Nichole’s 12 Days of Christmas + my Holiday Overnight Oats will you keep you healthy through the holidays!
Just mix a hand full of fabulously-healthy ingredients together and then throw in the fridge. Let it sit there for at least a couple of hours but preferably overnight. . . and when you wake up in the morning it’s all ready to go!
Holiday Overnight Oats are packed with so many super healthy ingredients . . . whole grain oats, chia seeds, dried cranberries and golden raisins, apples and oranges, pecans and pistachios! It’s an awesome breakfast or snack during the day.
I love overnight oats or swiss muesli is the more accurate name for it but whatever we wanna call them, they ARE a favorite at our house! Here are a few other takes on the overnight oat: Fruit and Nut Steel Cut Oats, Lemon Coconut Overnight Oats, Swiss Muesli, Apple, Orange, and Cranberry Overnight Oats too!
Holiday Overnight Oats are definitely happening again soon~ they’re amazing. 🙂
Miss Nichole’s 12 Days of Christmas. . .
The holiday chaos is in full swing, are you sticking with your workouts? I know that there have been a couple of days when getting it in has been a a bit tricky, or I have just been too worn out to really want to try too hard. One of the things I have learned in the past is that I need to keep it fun, both for myself and with my classes. So today’s workout we are keeping in with the holiday fun and doing a 12 Days of Christmas workout.
Throw on some fun Christmas workout music and have yourself a holiday workout party!
Holiday Overnight Oats are a sure win for the whole family during the holidays!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 1 fugi apple, shredded
- 1 orange, cut into ½ inch sections
- 2 cup low fat milk or almond milk
- 1 cup low fat plain kefir milk or yogurt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chia seed
- 2 cup rolled whole oats
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup honey or adjust according to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 fresh orange juice (approx ¾c)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- additional fruit and nuts to garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl with a lid; shred pear and apple.
- Add milk and yogurt; gently stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until incorporated.
- Rest Muesli in fridge for at least 1-2 hour or allow sit over night.
- Adjust moisture with additional milk if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with additional fruit.