It’s National Oatmeal Day… we can’t miss the chance to celebrate THAT now can we?!!
What’s all the oatmeal hub-bub anyways? Oatmeal in any of it’s many forms is an amazing vehicle for getting the ‘bad’ cholesterol out of our body’s! Plus, let’s throw on some beautifully sweet and oh-so-good-for-you Driscoll’s Berries on top and WHA-la! Heaven for breakfast 🙂
This recipe is extra awesome because it uses the slow cooker. I know! Super awesome.
Apple-Berry Overnight Oatmeal is a quick and easy way to get all the healthy benefits of oatmeal and Driscoll’s blueberries and raspberries too!
Did you see the size of those Driscoll berries? Huge! Oh my gosh and bursting with flavor too.
Here a few facts about the healthy benefits in today’s recipe…
– Oatmeal is high in fiber, offering many cardiovascular benefits such as, reduced risk of developing high blood pressure.
– Oatmeal induces the brain to increase production of serotonin, keeping anxiety and stress away.
– Oatmeal is rich in protein and fiber, allowing you to feel fuller.
– Blueberries are considered one of the best stress-busting foods due to the high amount of antioxidant and vitamin C content.
– Having just one serving of strawberries may help improve heart health, lower the risk of developing some cancers and lower blood pressure.
– Berries are low in calories, high in fiber and contain vitamins and minerals your body needs to function normally.
AND just think all those good for you health benefits all wrapped in our easy breakfast recipe~
Apple-Berry Overnight Oatmeal
- 1 C lowfat milk or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup plus additional for serving
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 C steel cut oats
- 2 apples cored and chunked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coat the inside slow cooker liner with cooking spray.
- Add milk, maple syrup, vanilla, oats, and apple chunks into slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Add cinnamon and salt; stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with a dash of cinnamon, more maple syrup, and Driscoll's blueberries and raspberries.
Enjoy your oatmeal on National Oatmeal Day! Enjoy knowing how healthy and good-for-you our Apple-Berry Overnight Oatmeal recipe is too 🙂
Enjoy a few more ways to incorporate healthy oats into your day…
PS- Sponsored post with Driscoll’s. The opinions expressed are genuine and my own 🙂