Hip-Hooray!! It’s FIT FRIDAY!
I love having Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness hang out with us ????
This week Nichole sharing tips on Gettting Nutrition from “REAL” Foods. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Get nutrition from “REAL” foods…
Here is a secret…I love food! This is actually not much of a secret if you know me. Working with Ruthie has been so much fun for me, a new recipe to try out every week is great. My husband and I have taken cooking classes together and come home to try out whatever we learn on the kids. I am constantly getting asked about supplements, specifically protein powders. I get asked about certain brands, what I look for, and ones to avoid. The only one of those questions I can honestly answer is the last, I avoid ALL of them.
Dark Chocolate Banana Pops are a creamy, healthy, decadent treat! Delish!! Like, delish x’s 1000 🙂
Banana’s have a secret! Really. It’s a pretty well kept secret in some neck of the woods… when frozen they turn soooooo creamy and smooth you can hardly believe they’re a banana! Except, obvious, for the banana shape but besides that you’d think you were eating ice cream 🙂
Hold on tight cuz we are about to go over the top and drizzle dark chocolate all over them. Yep. PLUS, we are adding a sprinkle of toasted coconut, sliced almonds, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, granola, or even a smear of peanut butter! Dark Chocolate Banana Pops are delish x’s 1000!!
Dark Chocolate Banana Pops are fabulous anytime of year. I love to make up 5 or 6 and keep them on hand in the freezer~ all they need is a air tight bag and they’ll fresh and fabulous for up to 3 weeks. I gotta admit that I get pretty creative in hiding my Dark Chocolate Banana Pops in the freezer or they totally disappear right before my very eyes!
Dark Chocolate Banana Pops will be your new favorite healthy treat!
Happy Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 5-6 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 5-6 wooden popsicle sticks
- toppings of choice: sliced almonds, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, toasted coconut, peanut butter, granola
- Peel each banana, insert popsicle stick half way into banana.
- Place in glass baking dish.
- Repeat with additional bananas, cover with plastic wrap, cover and freeze 3 hours or until solid.
- Once frozen; melt dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, stir, microwave 15 seconds more and stir well, repeat 15 seconds more if necessary.
- Place frozen banana pops on parchment paper.
- Working with one banana pop at time, drizzle with chocolate, sprinkle on topping, repeat with next banana pop.
- Chocolate will set quickly on frozen bananas.
- Serve immediately or place in a gallon freezer plastic bag and freeze.
- Will keep for up to 3 weeks.