I am addicted to those adorable/delicious baked doughnuts! I mean… how can you not be?
These Skinny Gingerbread Doughnuts are not going to disappoint you- they are like a party in your mouth!
I mentioned the ‘skinny’ part too… yes, that means you can eat more of them 🙂
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 T canola oil
- 2 T plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 C luke warm water
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1-3 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat doughnut pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and sea salt; stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl combine vinegar, vanilla, oil, yogurt, molasses, and water.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Place half the batter in a gallon size ziplock baggie, snip the tip off, fill doughnut pan molds 3/4 the way full.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until center springs back with light touch.
- Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes, unmold doughnuts, cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl pour powdered sugar, add molasses and stir.
- Add ginger and 1 tsp vanilla; mix well.
- Add additional water until reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle on doughnuts!
Skinny Gingerbread Doughnuts have all those fabulous Holiday spices in them– they’ll make the whole house smell wonderful!
Enjoy every bite
I’m in the middle of final this week– today, I have my practical so cross your fingers (and maybe some toes) that my baking skills will come through for me 🙂